What's up?

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

kfgg

Re: What's up?

Postby kfgg » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:51 pm

^I can tell you're likely that period of your life where you're walking around like a zombie and feel like everything is a bunch of bull. I know. I ended up in the hospital because of it. Your family probably treats you like crap (or so it seems). You're probably desperate and sick of the same old crap day in and day out. This is likely at its peak.

In regards to rich people, seriously nobody has ever lived life until they were poor. When you have everything you don't appreciate it. I've never been rich, but I've been better off than I am now and am better off than I was a year ago.

When everything including your sanity gets taken away from you you quickly become a better person in the long run. You become stronger. Sure there's times when you just want to flat out kill yourself but you're able to deal with it. Give it the finger.

I thought life was bad when I was 15. Then I turned 19 and everything started crashing down on me. Quickly 2 options come up.
1. Die in vain
2. say "you know what? f*ck you (insert whatever happened) I'm not scared of you watch me use whatever is left and make a difference. You motherfuckin (insert whatever happened here) I got you bastard!"

And ladies and gentlemen that is exactly the way its been.

I hope what I said makes sense and is relevant to your problem. I can only absorb so much French into my brain without misunderstanding a few things.
Stan and Kyle :)
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:41 pm

kfgg: I have started to feel the exact same way.

Everything right now is "Shut up" or "F*ck you!" and I just have to live with that :/ My only other choice is to do everything and to try to make everyone happy, and I realize that I cannot.

It has turned into a world of "I'm gonna do whatever the hell I want". It's not right....its NOT right! But, its just the sign of times. And I have to just roll the dice here and there and stand up to what needs to be done :(
------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the other hand: I just got back my i just got back my computer and internet after not having it for 4 days, so Iz happy! :mrgreen:
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:04 pm

zzyzx 1 wrote:What's Up: Well, another day, another attempt at a flamewar on the BBS :(

What's equally bad are those who believe the flamewars instead of getting the facts. Those who believe the flamewars without more are not true friends. Oh well, what are you going to do?

If you hate the flamewars so much, why mention them in other threads? -_-

I'm sick. =/
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:15 pm

^ You're sick, Wii fit man? I'm sorry to hear that :(

I hope you get better soon :D

What's Up: I ate so much at the party I went to last night. It was a lot of fun. There was all kind of food. Christmas food (including fruit cake), Kwanzaa dishes, Ramadan and Hanukkah food (although Ramadan and Hannukah are already over this year), and even New Years 2011 signs and streamers!

The hosts wanted to have a party for everyone, and to have the party over this past week-end, with one goal in mind: to have fun!

There was no holiday this past week-end, but they made it fun by decorating and having food of many holidays, holidays that have already occurred and holidays that are yet to arrive. That's why the party was yesterday.

The only holiday not represented was Halloween. There wasn't even any pumpkin pie. But with over 50 people there, it was a great time. I haven't even had breakfast yet because I'm still full from last night.

So Happy Holidays, everyone, no matter what you celebrate :D Last night, except for Halloween, we celebrated everything 8)

And that's what up :)
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:23 am

I feel bad that a thread I started hoping for some advice ended up turning into an unrelated flame war. I wasn't involved but I apologize anyway.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:31 am

Meh, it couldn't be helped.
Some Anchovies

Postby Some Anchovies » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:23 am

What's up? I am stupidly sick and have no help with health coverage. Gonna do it the old fashioned way! Tough it out like always! :mrgreen:

kfgg wrote:Imagine wind chills at around -22C (-7F). Just plain arctic. Yeah that's bad enough. But the problem is we're in our second year without a working furnace or hot water heater. And my tooth hurts.

Many would say "just get it fixed"

Yeah great except we don't have the money and we probably never will. That's my life story over the past few years. Live in misery and just deal with it. I really shouldn't complain because it would be worse, but sometimes (like right now while I'm freezing my ass off in my own bedroom) I can't help it. So I'm gonna bitch about it in this post.

In January 2009 we had no food. We were literally starving. At least now we have food. What's more important heat or food? That's a no brainer.

The moral of all this? If you have simple things like heat, hot water, a place to live, don't take it for granted. It could be a lot worse.

And I'm done.

To anyone who is in this position right now, I can honestly feel for all of you. I lived most of my life freezing in the winter, and wondering during the summer why the hell it was cooler outside of the trailer, where it was 97 degrees and 93% humidity outside, and who knows how hot on the inside. I'd take a long hard stare at the thermostat, which didn't do much really but tell the temperature, and wonder how hot it really was in that metal piece that we called "Shelter", because it read all zeros it was soo hot.

I can't relate to your exact situations, because I don't know the details, nor have I been through the same times as you have. But I can somewhat relate to the situation. You sit there and wonder, why me? I get straight A's, I do what I'm told, I help people out, I never get into trouble. Why me? They say good things happen to good people, but so far it's been nothing but screaming in your dreams. Wishing the wars would stop, that you didn't have to worry whether or not you would get the minimum necessities to live that week.

But you know what? I've learned that maybe it isn't me that is cursed. Maybe the ones that have never been nothing that are cursed, and that this is just a learning curve that will better me in the future.

And I think that its nearly true. And you can get out of the situation. I had to wait until I was 18, and graduated High School to get out of it. Within weeks of graduating I had already left for Post High School Education, about 1000 miles away from so called "Home". I'm trying to better myself and get in a position where I'll never have to deal with those things again. It's only Been 6 months, but things are much better now for me. Back home isn't, but I'm working to make that better too.

And most importantly, the lows I've experienced in life have given something to me that most don't have. But I had to realize it first, and not mope around about it like so many people I knew around me. I didn't want to stay in this situation, I wanted out. What it's given me, is intense aspirations, and an insane determination to prove to everyone that I can be great off. I want to prove that I can come from living in a dump and sleeping not in a bedroom, but on a couch, in a house that is just as cold as outside, and become something great, and be successful.

That was kind of long, but I thought I should say something. :cartmansmile:
South Park Chat Room
Sleep Mode - [On]:Off
Samathou

Postby Samathou » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:42 pm

What's up: Slept bad the last night...
I got a cold.
In October, I already wanna wish you a Merry Christmas... mwahaha! ~~
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:22 pm

kfgg wrote:I feel bad that a thread I started hoping for some advice ended up turning into an unrelated flame war. I wasn't involved but I apologize anyway.

What's Up: Don't feel bad, kfgg. You weren't involved in that it's true - but that thread title seemed to lead itself into postings of people writing about the "crap" that they couldn't take anymore even though it had nothing to do with the advice you desired. So, my suggestion of What's up:

Let's think of a new thread with a different title that posters will know that the thread is not merely that "I'm tired of this crap," but a thread that will indeed give some advice for you and others on the similar subject. Let's put on our thinking caps and come up with a new thread with a more specific title so we can continue that thread. Hmmm....... what shall we call the new thread and how soon can we create it? And that's what I have to say under the heading What's Up right now. Hmmm.......a new thread with a new title that answers your question of some advice. Let's get that new thread up quickly :)

And when we do come up with a replacement to that thread, let's post the new link here in this What's Up thread :D
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:26 pm

^Thanks for your understanding :)

What's up? Extra long night. Terrible toothache, bad enough. So I went to sleep. And I slept for a long time. Until about 3:00 in the afternoon. Very long sleep.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:18 am

Sorry to reply to myself, but something is up afterall. I'm watching loads of random videos on random topics on the internet. Very exciting.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:30 am

I made fish tacos for dinner. I used Gorton's grilled fish fillets, Ortega shells, bag salad, Roma tomatoes, and Mexican blend shredded cheese. Turned out pretty good if I do say so m'self.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:13 am

^did someone say tacos?
canswer

Postby canswer » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:41 am

Lol, Oh that Jennifer Lopez.

Some Christmas carolers came by my house, rang the door bell and sang to my dad because he was the only one who answered. :lol:

I just finished my 4 pg essay in an hour that is due tomorrow morning. (I totally BS-ed it) My friend procrastination left me alone tonight! Yay.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:49 am

What's Up: I'm going to sleep now. Surprise. In my grandparent's library at their apartment, they have a commemorative edition of: The Necronomicon, a compilation of stories by horror writer H. P. Lovecraft

I am currently reading: "The Call of Cthulhu" (1928). I hope it helps me sleep.

Return to “Hot Topics”