Has Cartman ever actually gotten you a bit angry?

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

JonathanDP81

Has Cartman ever actually gotten you a bit angry?

Postby JonathanDP81 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:37 am

Most of time Cartman's evil comes off as (appropriately) cartoony, but when I was rewatching episode #415 "Fat Camp", I saw the scene that always gotten me really ticked off at him. It's the whole 'chocolate bars are your friend" selling spiel he gives to his despondent bunkmate. I think it was one of the first times he really crosses the Moral Event Horizon and it's a memorable one. You really feel for that poor kid.

Interestingly, it's also one the few episodes you really feel sorry for Cartman, at the end where's crying and eating.

Any other moments that spring to mind for the rest of you?
StrippeySox

Re: Has Cartman ever actually gotten you a bit angry?

Postby StrippeySox » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:06 am

Cartman......well,he accualy makes me mad alot.I love him,hes hilarius,and really,hes one of my favrote charaters.Hes just..so..i dont know if theres a word for it.Agenst religin that arent his,and agenst diffence. =u=; I just wanna hit him alot.I do feel for him,when people call him fat,even though he just brushs it off.
naomeh

Postby naomeh » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:51 am

Funnily enough, no! Cartman never actually made me angry. Then again, I don't get angry easily. In fact, the only thing he ever made me feel was sorry for him in one episode... which was really weird. I never thought I would.

I don't remember which one it was, but in the end Wendy had kissed him and then was like "You didn't think I was serious didn't you?" and he ended up looking pretty sad.

Trying to think back through every single episode, hmm...OH! The breast cancer episode! That was the only one where he got close to annoying me. It runs in my family, so it bothered me jussst a little. A tiny little bit. Microscopic. Itsy bitsy, teeny weeny bit.
Last edited by naomeh on Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Miss the "Next Episode" feature or want an Autoplay feature? Both?!
Post here:http://forums.southparkstudios.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=46556

I hope they notice it!
Delinquent

Postby Delinquent » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:13 pm

Cartman has actually never gotten me angry before.
I usually just find everything he does amusing. I have
never actually thought about that before. I guess he really
could piss some people off.
Well, when I was still in high school, there was this kid in
one of my classes, who always called me a jew. That really
pissed me off. So, if I actually knew Cartman, I would hate him,
but since he is just in a tv show I watch, I don't really consider it.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy." – Anonymous
accont11

Postby accont11 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:52 am

yes he has. he always has something stupid to say. he thought he was a sighkick before. no one is a dumb as him. but he is really funny. that nitwit is extremely one of my favorite characters. chicken lover
Ryan P. D.
SPizmilife

Postby SPizmilife » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:20 am

heck yeah!!! I have actually gotten seriously angry with him. I almost screamed! thats why he's my least favorite character. but what would we do without him?
Cristine478

Postby Cristine478 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:54 pm

SPizmilife wrote:heck yeah!!! I have actually gotten seriously angry with him. I almost screamed! thats why he's my least favorite character. but what would we do without him?

if cartman always angry
I love south park
this first clip of the season 15 do not say much
ChocoEClaire

Postby ChocoEClaire » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:50 pm

He's my least fave, but without him, SP wouldn't be SP. :cartmanangry:
._____.
|_____|
() o_o ()
...|__|----> this is Kyle

98% of teens have one of these 98% statistics in their signatures, copy and paste if you're in the 2% that doesn't...hey, wait a minute...
The Silver Banana

Postby The Silver Banana » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:57 am

It's interesting... I hate his guts, but I love everything he ever does. I can't remember him pissing me off.

Postby Mysterioncoon » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:41 am

Cartman is one of my top 5 favorite characters but he gets me angry like on the Coon and Friends episode has it come to anybody why no one wanted to change the name of the group before the boys kicked cartman out?
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:42 pm

I realise he's a puppet for the writers, if he says anything that gets me angry it's at the guys with their hands up his ass pulling his strings. Since most of what he says isn't believed by the writers but is a tentative point or expression of someone else's point, It doesn't anger me. I don't let fiction draw me in easy so I won't hold it against the show. The characters more likely to say something the show agrees with, stan and kyle, are more likely to annoy me.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Tails_Prower7

Postby Tails_Prower7 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:48 pm

hmm quite a bit yes but he has done some really good things too. like saving kyles life twice, smug alert, and imagination land 2 i think and he also helped kyle get his little brother back for him in miss teacher banged a boy wich was very nice of him so cartmen isnt wholy bad. he is my second fave character
.____.
|____|
()o_o()
.o|__|o----> this is Kyle

fave characters kyle and cartman

Cartman: you seem a little irritable kyle, you got some sand in your vagina?

Kyle: no i don't have sand in my vagina
JerWu17

Postby JerWu17 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:47 pm

Cartman getting me angry? That happens all the time! As SP's resident antagonist, that's pretty much what he's supposed to make a Stan/Kyle/Wendy fan like me feel. I LOVE gettng angry at that fatass and cheering for those who stand up to him.

Most of my anger at Cartman is quite mild except for cases where he does get pretty far unimpeded with his schemes like Red Badge of Gayness, Ginger Kids, Le Petit Tourette, Imaginationland, Fishsticks, Fatbeard, and Dances with Smurfs.

So many episodes have been made with the plot of Cartman doing something bad/outlandish that pisses off the protagonist characters of Kyle/Stan and occasionally Wendy, and they react and do what they can to stop him/prove him wrong. It's an overdone plot template, but it has delivered many good episodes so I can't complain about that.

I love Cartman as a character. Without him being a chronic self-centered assh*le, there is no way that South Park can keep going as it has done. As long as his schemes all backfire and he ultimately gets humiliated at the hands of Stan/Kyle/Wendy (only to not learn his lesson and bounce back to his old ways by the next episode), I'm happy with him being the way he is.

Favorite Characters: KYLE -- STAN -- WENDY -- BUTTERS
Favorite Character to hate: C A R T M A N !!!

Favorite Episode: THE LIST
Joe1101

Postby Joe1101 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:02 pm

Maybe a bit mad sometimes, but not really that much, until 1514 "The Poor Kid", when he is teasing the poorest kid at their school, (Don't remember the kid's name, sorry) that actually made me really mad, I felt so sorry for the poor kid. Of course, Cartman is mean kinda often, but this crossed my line.
I'm Swedish, born 1998, so my spelling/grammar may sometimes be incorrect.
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:27 pm

He mostly annoys or irks me, but there have been times when he made me angry... Humancentipad made me angry. Doesn't matter how much you hate someone, you should never be gleeful about them being forced to ingest... :stanpuke: ...well, you know.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.

Return to “Character Discussion”