Is Cartman Gay?

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Cristine478
Posts: 336
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:37 pm

Re: Is Cartman Gay?

Postby Cristine478 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:40 pm

JVM wrote:^ Uhh... what? I don't even understand what you said.


Sorry

Cartman is not gay

Some commentators say that Kyle and Cartman would be a couple or even Stan

no sense

if you did not understand

Forget it
I love south park
this first clip of the season 15 do not say much
HippieHunter2011
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:24 am

Re: Is Cartman Gay?

Postby HippieHunter2011 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:49 am

In Season 4, Episode 8 (Chef Goes Nanners) Wendy begins to feel affection for Cartman when they work together on a debate project. Towards the end, when Wendy kisses Cartman to "release the tension," Cartman acted pleased and cheerful.

At the very end, when Cartman was told by Wendy that the kiss was not for real, but was just to release stress and that her "feelings vanished" after it was all over, Cartman's reaction was of obvious disappointment and sadness.

He cannot be gay. Just because he may do some unusual things does not make him a homosexual; I know a lot of weird straight people myself, and I am sure everybody does. But find me one gay guy that prefers to be kissed by a girl, then feels down when he's rejected by said girl.

At best, he is bi-sexual, or bi-curious (not BIKE-curious, as that term is official only for people who like loud, obnoxious, Harley riders but haven't become actual riders yet). He is definitely NOT gay.
Last edited by HippieHunter2011 on Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Excelsior!
(I'm SUPER Serial...)
HippieHunter2011
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:24 am

Re: Is Cartman Gay?

Postby HippieHunter2011 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:38 am

HippieHunter2011 wrote:In Season 4, Episode 8 (Chef Goes Nanners) Wendy begins to feel affection for Cartman when they work together on a debate project. Towards the end, when Wendy kisses Cartman to "release the tension," Cartman acted pleased and cheerful.

At the very end, when Cartman was told by Wendy that the kiss was not for real, but was just to release stress and that her "feelings vanished" after it was all over, Cartman's reaction was of obvious disappointment and sadness.

He cannot be gay. Just because he may do some unusual things does not make him a homosexual; I know a lot of weird straight people myself, and I am sure everybody does. But find me one gay guy that prefers to be kissed by a girl, then feels down when he's rejected by said girl.

At best, he is bi-sexual, or bi-curious (not BIKE-curious, as that term is official only for people who like loud, obnoxious, Harley riders but haven't become actual riders yet). He is definitely NOT gay.


I forgot to mention, in Season 1, Episode 11 (Tom's Rhinoplasty), Mr. Garrison left South Park Elementary for a nose job. In his place, a woman by the name of Miss Ellen became teacher. It was very clear that all the boys had a crush on her - INCLUDING CARTMAN.
Last edited by HippieHunter2011 on Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Excelsior!
(I'm SUPER Serial...)
Samathou
Posts: 2829
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:13 pm

Re: Is Cartman Gay?

Postby Samathou » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:19 pm

Phew, I haven't heard of Kyman for a long time... or even about slashs themselves.

Mh, I think that Cartman ain't really gay right now, or anyway, creators even didn't really think of that making those episodes (obviously I guess they like making gay scenes without making gay characters).

Anyway, I could think the new season may give us some answers to some questions fans wondered. With the time, creators could also possibly change of idea (as you saw, seasons have some differences in the style... some things have been revealed about character _due to the fact that meanwhile TnM got new ideas_).

I'd like just to tell something without really thinking: anything is possible. :mrgreen:
In October, I already wanna wish you a Merry Christmas... mwahaha! ~~
Cristine478
Posts: 336
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:37 pm

Re: Is Cartman Gay?

Postby Cristine478 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:59 pm

Samathou wrote:Phew, I haven't heard of Kyman for a long time... or even about slashs themselves.

Mh, I think that Cartman ain't really gay right now, or anyway, creators even didn't really think of that making those episodes (obviously I guess they like making gay scenes without making gay characters).

Anyway, I could think the new season may give us some answers to some questions fans wondered. With the time, creators could also possibly change of idea (as you saw, seasons have some differences in the style... some things have been revealed about character _due to the fact that meanwhile TnM got new ideas_).

I'd like just to tell something without really thinking: anything is possible. :mrgreen:


You said everything is possible
I love south park
this first clip of the season 15 do not say much
zzyzx 1
Posts: 4887
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:20 am

Re: Is Cartman Gay?

Postby zzyzx 1 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:33 pm

Well, to merely answer the question asked by the OP, I was going to say: NO.

But, after reading every post in this thread, I change my vote. Yes, he's 8/9 years old and hasn't gone through puberty yet. However, after reading this entire thread, my answer is now:

Cartman is both bi and asexual. He's not 100% straight. Bi and asexual is my answer.
Samathou
Posts: 2829
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:13 pm

Re: Is Cartman Gay?

Postby Samathou » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:02 pm

zzyzx 1 wrote:Well, to merely answer the question asked by the OP, I was going to say: NO.

But, after reading every post in this thread, I change my vote. Yes, he's 8/9 years old and hasn't gone through puberty yet. However, after reading this entire thread, my answer is now:

Cartman is both bi and asexual. He's not 100% straight. Bi and asexual is my answer.

Oh. Your answer surprises me.
It shows how other opinions can convince people.

About the "He's 9years old", bah yes but the characters have a mentality very mature anyway.
In October, I already wanna wish you a Merry Christmas... mwahaha! ~~
JVM
Posts: 1076
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:34 am

Re: Is Cartman Gay?

Postby JVM » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:45 am

lmfao I'm not a slasher at all. I f*cking hate slash. But there's a massive amount of evidence towards Cartman's homosexuality. The other boys are all straight, but Cartman is a f*g.

Ms. Ellen's episode is in Season 1, and how often do Matt and Trey even acknowledge Season 1?

As for "Chef Goes Nanners" (#408), that was ten years ago and episodes since then have shown no attraction between Cartman and Wendy, despite interactions, not to mention that's about as valid a hint of romance as is when Stan and Kyle hold hands - it's not a hint.

Apparently, it's necessary for me to detail why Cartman is gay. Here's a rough rundown:

* He was pretty happy to see Kenny's weiner in "The Tooth Fairy Tats" (#402)
* The entire episode "Cartmanland" (#506)
* In "Jared Has Aides" (#602) he wishes to jack off to Butters screaming while his parents beat him.
* In "Cancelled" (#704) he wants Kyle to stick his finger in his ass and refuses anyone else do it.
* In "Fat Butt and Pancake Head" (#705) he KNOWINGLY gives Ben Affleck a blowjob.
* He videotaped himself as Britney Spears and fantasizing about Justin Timberlake in "AWESOM-O" (#802)
* The entire episode "Cartman Sucks" (#1102)
* "ME AND MY COUSIN TOUCHED WEINERS" in "Le Petit Tourette" (#1108)
* You can't look me in the f*cking eye and tell me his actions in "Imaginationland" (#1110) "Imaginationland Episode II" (#1111) and "Imaginationland Episode III" (#1112) weren't gay.
* In "The List" (#1114) he's more concerned about looking better than Kyle than about the girls actually liking/hating him.
* In "Tonsil Trouble" (#1201) he gave Kyle AIDS. What more do I need to say?
* "You wanna hold hands with a girl? Fag!" in "Super Fun Time" (#1207)
* He wanted to videotape Butters and a Homeless Guy naked in "Coon 2: Hindsight" (#1411)

Not to mention how many times Cartman has cross-dressed AND assumed an exaggerated female persona. Real cross-dressers just like the clothes. Cartman puts them on and sees himself as a woman.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
Zazaban
Posts: 3280
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:32 am

Re: Is Cartman Gay?

Postby Zazaban » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:20 am

^^ That's a pretty comprehensive argument.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
Cristine478
Posts: 336
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:37 pm

Re: Is Cartman Gay?

Postby Cristine478 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:59 pm

JVM wrote:lmfao I'm not a slasher at all. I f*cking hate slash. But there's a massive amount of evidence towards Cartman's homosexuality. The other boys are all straight, but Cartman is a f*g.

Ms. Ellen's episode is in Season 1, and how often do Matt and Trey even acknowledge Season 1?

As for "Chef Goes Nanners" (#408), that was ten years ago and episodes since then have shown no attraction between Cartman and Wendy, despite interactions, not to mention that's about as valid a hint of romance as is when Stan and Kyle hold hands - it's not a hint.

Apparently, it's necessary for me to detail why Cartman is gay. Here's a rough rundown:

* He was pretty happy to see Kenny's weiner in "The Tooth Fairy Tats" (#402)
* The entire episode "Cartmanland" (#506)
* In "Jared Has Aides" (#602) he wishes to jack off to Butters screaming while his parents beat him.
* In "Cancelled" (#704) he wants Kyle to stick his finger in his ass and refuses anyone else do it.
* In "Fat Butt and Pancake Head" (#705) he KNOWINGLY gives Ben Affleck a blowjob.
* He videotaped himself as Britney Spears and fantasizing about Justin Timberlake in "AWESOM-O" (#802)
* The entire episode "Cartman Sucks" (#1102)
* "ME AND MY COUSIN TOUCHED WEINERS" in "Le Petit Tourette" (#1108)
* You can't look me in the f*cking eye and tell me his actions in "Imaginationland" (#1110) "Imaginationland Episode II" (#1111) and "Imaginationland Episode III" (#1112) weren't gay.
* In "The List" (#1114) he's more concerned about looking better than Kyle than about the girls actually liking/hating him.
* In "Tonsil Trouble" (#1201) he gave Kyle AIDS. What more do I need to say?
* "You wanna hold hands with a girl? Fag!" in "Super Fun Time" (#1207)
* He wanted to videotape Butters and a Homeless Guy naked in "Coon 2: Hindsight" (#1411)

Not to mention how many times Cartman has cross-dressed AND assumed an exaggerated female persona. Real cross-dressers just like the clothes. Cartman puts them on and sees himself as a woman.


I liked his way of explaining

have a user in fanfiction?
I love south park
this first clip of the season 15 do not say much
HippieHunter2011
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:24 am

Re: Is Cartman Gay?

Postby HippieHunter2011 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:09 am

JVM:

I am impressed by your knowledge of South Park, however your argument is flawed. I say "flawed" in that you only consider that he may be just gay or straight; you completely disregard the gray area--that he be bi-sexual, or perhaps bi-curious.

I did not affirm that he was straight; in fact I even suggested the possibility that Cartman be bi-sexual, or even bi-curious. (Your comment about "F*g" is definitely ruled out, as he was one of the spearhead leaders of the anti-Harley rider movement; must I remind you that the dictionary no longer lists "homosexuals" as the definition for "f*g?").

Cartman has certainly displayed clues of being homosexual; but we must always remember that he has displayed attraction towards the opposite sex; to deny these obvious signs for any reason destroys your argument; what makes one episode more important than another? One Season? Why is is that my presented evidence is declared faulty and yours is seen relevant? Certainly, some of the episodes you mentioned haven't been referenced again since their original air date! Shall we run through your list to see how it holds up?

Now, I don't want to seem mean; I don't want to attack you. I am very open to a debate. If your arguments are backed by solid evidence -- and more solid than mine -- then I guess you will come out on top. I have no problems with that (that's how we all learn, right?). But the fact of the matter is, there is evidence of Cartman's odd sexual orientation; however, there is also evidence of Cartman's interest in girls (and older women if you count Miss Ellen). ALL South Park Episodes are the work of genius. Trey and Matt are very talented in what they do. I would NEVER even think that any one episode, yet alone a season, be of little or no worth. NEVER. EVER.

P.S. You seem to imply that he has a certain infatuation with Kyle; he want's to be Kyle's "gay" partner. Shall I reiterate all the instances that he SPECIFICALLY mentions that he HATES Kyle? The times he has TRIED to KILL Kyle? His suggestions about KILLING Kyle? That's a pretty complicated love, don't you think?
Excelsior!
(I'm SUPER Serial...)
Hotcocoseeds
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:46 am

Re: Is Cartman Gay?

Postby Hotcocoseeds » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:34 am

Cartman gets confused between genders--a lot. I don't really believe he's gay or bi-sexual since he is only nine years old and don't know all sexual categories.
Stanluv25
Posts: 2834
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:32 am

Re: Is Cartman Gay?

Postby Stanluv25 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:08 am

He defiantly has shown more 'gay' moments than the others but for now I'll say he's confused. And I'm also going to say that while some of the things relating Kyle that seem gay well, seem gay, I am going to say Cartman just wanted to humiliate him. Time and time again Cartman shows great joy in Kyle's pity and all the 'gay moments' concerning Kyle are defiantly in Cartman's joy of seeing him suffer. They are defiantly things that pissed Kyle off and no one would want any part of. But since he's such an easy target to piss off, Cartman goes and does it. The hatred is too evident for it to be gay.

Anyway... :)
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
pissalloveryou
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:53 pm

Re: Is Cartman Gay?

Postby pissalloveryou » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:23 pm

He is not gay!
Samathou
Posts: 2829
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:13 pm

Re: Is Cartman Gay?

Postby Samathou » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:24 pm

I think the facts will get clearer in the 15th season (or the 16th?) :roll:
In October, I already wanna wish you a Merry Christmas... mwahaha! ~~

Return to “Character Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 0 guests