Butters' Parents

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

nonconformist112

Butters' Parents

Postby nonconformist112 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:08 pm

It seems like Butters (one of my favorite characters) gets grounded for no reason a lot because his parents are idiots. He's so cute and somewhat an idiot himself. I can't help but feel bad for the little guy whenever he gets grounded. Does anyone else ever feel bad for him to?
I'm such a nonconformist, I'm not gonna conform with the rest of you
russellmcmwhite11

Re: Butters' Parents

Postby russellmcmwhite11 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:32 pm

No Its Funny!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:35 pm

Oh, all the time. And most of the time, I'm pissed off at just how insane and stupid his parents are. The pantry thing from The Ungrounded was the one time I actually said out loud "Okay seriously, fuck you Steven." Someone needs to call CPS on their ass. Of course, being South Park CPS, they'd probably treat Butters worse than his parents would, and he'd try to get back to them.
nonconformist112

Postby nonconformist112 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:31 pm

that would be a good episode if CPS was called on his parents. i think Butters needs to grow some balls.
Bradman1978

Postby Bradman1978 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:18 am

I feel sorry for him. But he wouldn't be who he is without his strict parents. Butters also needs to learn not to be gullible and never take responcilbity for other people's actions.

However, it is a fictional show, and when you know Butters is not a real boy, it's funny. If South Park was real, I'd be pissing my pants very often.
nonconformist112

Postby nonconformist112 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:20 am

Even though it is a fictional show, when you know a lot about the characters, it's easy to think of them as real people.
Bradman1978

Postby Bradman1978 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:39 pm

nonconformist112 wrote:Even though it is a fictional show, when you know a lot about the characters, it's easy to think of them as real people.

OK, just don't get too sucked in. If I could step into South Park. I would grab Butters and hope to hell I can fix his and treat him better, but it's funny cause it's not real. Kinda like a horror film.
JVM

Postby JVM » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:28 am

In all frankness, it seems the Stotches have learned their lesson for the most part. There's only a few episodes in the past six or so seasons where Butters has been "grounded" or really abused. Compare that to season six when his parents grounded him several episodes in a row, and not to mention physically beat him.

There's also the fact the boys actually care about him now, compared to back when he was essentially a non-British Pip.

Compared to season six, Butters' life is a walk in the park right now.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
jessewhoa

Postby jessewhoa » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:37 am

butters should ground themwhats funny is how terrorized he is by being grounded he seems privlaged like he has stuff in the house to do other wise hed probly be professor kaos but yea ...is parents are sad butters shoud ground them :lol:
Joehung

Postby Joehung » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:00 am

This is a classic comedic formula that dates back to ancient Greece:

Butters + grounded = funny

The Greeks developed this formula from an ancient Egyptian comedic formula:

Kenny + Death = Laughs
Jourdan Zebraa

Postby Jourdan Zebraa » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:03 am

WooT!
better cthulhu

Postby better cthulhu » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:20 am

its hilarious when butters gets introuble like the vampire one were butters got introuble for not organizing his pantry. Qoute"Butters why is there riceroni in my coffee."
Nyster

Postby Nyster » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:40 am

His parents are Dum****. AGH they annoy me so much. "We told you not to leave, Why were you in Imagination Land?, You're grounded Butters."

I love it when Butters does something weird and insane and the parents just look big-eyed at him and eachother.
Kenny: Okay, but you guys owe me for this one.

Stan: Dude, atleast you get to do something.
better cthulhu

Postby better cthulhu » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:33 pm

i find it extremely funny how stupid butters parents are. they ground him because they are plain stupid like most people in south park. but the stotch family next to cartman and randy are the dumbest. "why is there ricironi in my coffee.
southparkson99

Postby southparkson99 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:01 am

Hey nonconformist, butters did grow balls...ON HIS CHIN! he also got grounded for it though. :(

Return to “General South Park Discussion”