Who gets ad revenue? Hopefully Matt and Trey.

Got an SP question you think other people know the answer to?

Moderator: Big-Will

Dfens

Who gets ad revenue? Hopefully Matt and Trey.

Postby Dfens » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:23 am

Do Matt and Trey get the ad revenue from this site, or is it owned by Comedy Central? Wondering because if Matt and Trey get it, then everybody should wait til the episode is available here instead of giving comedy central the ratings. I for one am trying to boycott them and encourage others to boycott them until they release the original episodes of 200 and 201.
Who's with me??? Yes, I don't know the economics of it and comedy central probably gets all of the money, but I am just venting my frustration about the censorship and I'm dying to see the episodes.
natedawg409

Re: Who gets ad revenue? Hopefully Matt and Trey.

Postby natedawg409 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:56 am

You're gut feeling was right. Viacom, which owns Comedy Central, owns this website along with the rights to the South Park name, character images, and episodes. That's just how things are.

But, Viacom also owns 39 other TV stations along with several websites and film companies. So really you can't blame them. Because a few people boycotting Comedy Central for not showing some episodes of South Park is much better than a bunch of pissed of Muslims boycotting all of Viacom and possibly taking more drastic actions.

However, I totally agree with you for the reason that it completely violates both the idea of free speech and freedom of religion. For one person to say that you can't show something because it goes against their religion is f*cking stupid. But Viacom is a business and wasn't formed to stop political injustice, so what can you do?
GregW

Postby GregW » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:09 pm

As far as I can remember when this site launched again, Matt and Trey were making some money from the revenue.

Without raitings, TV shows would get cancelled.
At least we have аssholes, you dumb girl!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:14 pm

Send all complaints to Comedy Central. I'm sure they'd love to hear from you. :)
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version

Return to “Q&A”