Republicans Keep Committing Political Suicide

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Skyeeawtee

Republicans Keep Committing Political Suicide

Postby Skyeeawtee » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:17 pm

Okay...I'm definitely not a Republican, but I'm not 100% Democrat either, just a disclaimer. I'm sure there's gonna be some people who disagree with me on this one, but does is seem like the new Republican trend has become committing political suicide as of lately?
Look back to the presidential election...Looked to be a close one then McCain insulted American's intelligence by having a beauty queen no-name (Palin) as his running mate. Then Palin and McCain camps split up mid-campaign, to prepare for the Palin 2012 campaign(lol) Then Palin eventually gathered a reasonable following, and pissed it all away by being an idiot on her crappy television show. Now Trump says in an interview for the Today show that Obama wasn't born in America, this rumor was squashed long ago, and has been backed up recently. AND...in the same interview he says that he would only go into Libya if we (U.S.) got oil. Trump is close to Romney in the polls right now, and I think a quote like that is pretty close to the equivalent of political suicide...
Anyways, I don't really wanna hear how bad Obama's doing or any overly excessive liberal bashing, because I'm not trying to bash. But do you think that the Republicans will find someone suitable to run for president that wont commit political suicide within reasonable time to get a successful campaign going?
triplemultiplex

Re: Republicans Keep Committing Political Suicide

Postby triplemultiplex » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:42 pm

Trump's just a publicity whore. He's not really going to run. He just wants more people to watch his shitty reality show.

I'm sure they'll find themselves a nice, old, bible-humping, billionaire-puppet to carry their class warfare into 2012. Long time to go for that. In the meantime, keep revealing yourselves for the ignorant wing nuts you are, Faux News celebrities.

You read it! You can't unread it!
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:19 am

Republican politicians these days are all over the top self-parodies. That goes double for our friends at Pox.

P.S. Quadruple for Glenn Beck.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:45 pm

Speaking of Beck & Trump, you know what's probably going on here? Since Beck's show is ending later this year, they're going to have an open time slot. Meanwhile, Trump is talking up all this birther shit supposedly setting himself up for a Presidential run, but that's bullshit. That's a guaranteed loser in a general election and Republicans would be handing Obama a second term on a silver platter if they nominate Trump, but it's absolutely perfect for a Faux News show.

Boom, replacement found.

You read it! You can't unread it!
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:02 pm

triplemultiplex wrote:Speaking of Beck & Trump, you know what's probably going on here? Since Beck's show is ending later this year, they're going to have an open time slot. Meanwhile, Trump is talking up all this birther shit supposedly setting himself up for a Presidential run, but that's bullshit. That's a guaranteed loser in a general election and Republicans would be handing Obama a second term on a silver platter if they nominate Trump, but it's absolutely perfect for a Faux News show.

Boom, replacement found.

My god, I never thought of that! I bet you're right. I'd split my sides watching Trump attempt to be the new Glenn Beck, just because it's Donald f*cking Trump. How does that network manage to keep becoming more and more ridiculous?
skurtz wrote:

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:43 pm

Excuse me, are we talking about the Donald Trump who praised Barack Obama ("he's done an amazing job") and slammed Evil Dubya? What Republican would vote for him? What RNC would nominate him?
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Peg

Postby Peg » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:48 pm

Big-Will wrote:Excuse me, are we talking about the Donald Trump who praised Barack Obama ("he's done an amazing job") and slammed Evil Dubya? What Republican would vote for him? What RNC would nominate him?
Wow, nice found, BW.
And yep, the same who now slams Obama and claims to have a great relationship with blacks and praises Cuomo. Hah.
Oh hi. So, how are you holding up? Because I'm a potato.
*slow clap*
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:06 am

He's an opportunist. He says whatever he thinks will make him most popular.
skurtz wrote:

kfgg

Postby kfgg » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:19 am

I cannot stand these people. They are ruining this country. Republicans are all about messing with people's personal lives and civil liberties and Democrats have no clue how to manage money.

I cannot believe the politicians in this country. They don't give 2 sh*ts about the people. Its just about them and their buddies.
Stan and Kyle :)
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:32 am

And that's why I'm non-partisan. :)
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
GeminiShamrock

Postby GeminiShamrock » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:16 pm

kfgg wrote:I cannot stand these people. They are ruining this country. Republicans are all about messing with people's personal lives and civil liberties and Democrats have no clue how to manage money.

I cannot believe the politicians in this country. They don't give 2 sh*ts about the people. Its just about them and their buddies.

And this is why I hate politics in general.
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
bazi42

Postby bazi42 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:08 pm

i think part of the problem with some elections is people are too keen to blame the person in office and vote for the other person just to get the current person out of office.

in some cases, they re-elect some schmuck because they forgot how awful they were during the first go around.

then again, it does seem like political outcomes are becoming the new holy wars.

it's enough to cause head explody.
Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
Ernest Hemingway
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Mon May 02, 2011 2:08 am

Political suicide? Yeah, especially after that whole thing with Donald Trump. Obama won in the end though. Hooray for Presidents with a sense of humor.
Can't we all just get along?
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Mon May 02, 2011 5:37 am

Ex1lepr0 wrote:Political suicide? Yeah, especially after that whole thing with Donald Trump. Obama won in the end though. Hooray for Presidents with a sense of humor.

I've always liked this one:

"Now, speaking of ancestry, there has been some controversy about my own background. Two years into my presidency, some are still bent on peddling rumors about my origins. So today, I want to put all those rumors to rest. It is true my great-great-great-grandfather really was from Ireland. It’s true. Moneygall, to be precise. I can’t believe I have to keep pointing this out."
skurtz wrote:

zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Mon May 02, 2011 7:27 am

To really hear some political suicide from the Republicans, it will be interesting to hear tomorrow Rush Limbaugh's spin against Obama's authorizing the killing of Osama Bin Laudin.

You know that Rush will do this. One day one of Obama's Presidency, Rush did not even pause to wish the new executive well out of respect for the office of the President; instead Rush started to bash Obama on inauguration day.

Now, I predict that Rush will continue to Bash Obama about bin Laudin's death. I have no idea how Rush will do this, but you can be sure that he will :(

As for the OP's question of a Republican viable candidate to run against Obama, I can't think of anyone. Particularly now that Osama is dead on authorization from Obama, and the nation is back to patriotism chanting: USA USA USA, I think Obama will be re-elected at this point.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”