*1502: Funnybot* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Re: *1502: Funnybot* Post-Air Discussion

Postby 203177 » Thu May 05, 2011 8:35 pm

i swore i saw damien im happy they kept him. i thought he was gone for good after that ep. so tyler perry was the evil funnybot? that end confused me i'm still not sure, cause the good one was with the boys. so it has to be tyler perry.
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Thu May 05, 2011 8:44 pm

203177 wrote:i swore i saw damien im happy they kept him. i thought he was gone for good after that ep. so tyler perry was the evil funnybot? that end confused me i'm still not sure, cause the good one was with the boys. so it has to be tyler perry.

I have Damien labeled at the Comedy Awards in my post with an image link. Also notice how Wendy does not have her trademark pink beret on. Do you see Craig in my picture? He would have black hair because I can not find his trademark blue cap anywhere. The main four should have been seen without their hats in this one. When do you guys think Stan, Kyle, Cartman, and Kenny will be seen without their hats this season? I hope there is another episode where all of the kids dress up and the four boys, along with Wendy and Craig, all don't have their hats on.
Last edited by nwt000 on Thu May 05, 2011 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Thu May 05, 2011 8:48 pm

Zazaban wrote:
cannibalisa wrote:
GeminiShamrock wrote:
I believe this is the first-ever Doctor Who reference on South Park, is it not? My two favorite shows collide! *

K-10 in Go God Go XIII was a Doctor Who reference.

There was also "Reverse the gay polarity" in Cartman Sucks.

I'm a huge fan of Doctor Who and Star Wars, so all those references made me laugh out loud, even on a second viewing. Especially "EX-TERM-IN-ATE!" Classic, man, loved it. I also laughed when Cartman started speaking German. Of course he speaks German, even if we've only seen hints of it before.
I'm surprised so few people liked this episode. Then again, I didn't like last week and was surprised how many people did. I like kind of dry, ironic humor sometimes, and this episode definitely had that. Big thumbs up!
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
MaddogRonH

Postby MaddogRonH » Thu May 05, 2011 8:53 pm

By far the worst one. It was like the baby sitter down the street wrote it. This is not what we expect from the great ones of SouthPark.
nall wrote:Now airing!
Last edited by MaddogRonH on Fri May 06, 2011 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm A Grumppy Ass Leave me alone !!!
Kobb

Postby Kobb » Thu May 05, 2011 8:58 pm

A part of me hated this episode, and another part of me thought it was kind of good. Tyler Perry is not funny and neither is making fun of him funny, but there were a couple of standout moments. This confused reaction amuses me more than last week's episode so I guess I'll call this an improvement.
girlthatkills

Postby girlthatkills » Thu May 05, 2011 9:22 pm

I was totally not impressed by the funnybot episode. just.. wasn't funny...

Postby 203177 » Thu May 05, 2011 9:22 pm

message deleted
Last edited by 203177 on Thu May 05, 2011 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

girlthatkills

Postby girlthatkills » Thu May 05, 2011 9:24 pm

203177 wrote:i happy they finally adam sandlar he's not funny and jay leno or if was jay leno i had no idea that black guy was martin lawrence and nor chris rock. and yeah i didn't see craig without his hat. but its nice for a change

......WHAT?!
siciliandefense21

Postby siciliandefense21 » Thu May 05, 2011 9:27 pm

I love that Funnybot was a Doctor Who reference. Especially when it said Exterminate. Referring to the new season?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu May 05, 2011 9:29 pm

203177 wrote:i happy they finally adam sandlar he's not funny and jay leno or if was jay leno i had no idea that black guy was martin lawrence and nor chris rock. and yeah i didn't see craig without his hat. but its nice for a change

This don't make a lick of sense to me.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version

Postby 203177 » Thu May 05, 2011 9:29 pm

huh? but anyway its good they added david spade and charlie sheen and russel brant i don't think they made fun of him yet. i know jimmy kimmel wasn't made fun of or was he? i don't know if david spade was spoofed yet either? but i hope the next ep is good too! and no i didn't see craig with no hat on nwt000

GeminiShamrock

Re:

Postby GeminiShamrock » Thu May 05, 2011 9:41 pm

siciliandefense21 wrote:I love that Funnybot was a Doctor Who reference. Especially when it said Exterminate. Referring to the new season?

Exactly. On a related note, I need to get a photo of a Dalek and a photo from this episode so people can see the reference better. (I also thought the way Funnybot said "Explain!" was a nod to Doctor Who.)
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
rukussert

Postby rukussert » Thu May 05, 2011 9:45 pm

I'm not sure what's been going on, but it seems like the writers are slowing down. All of the elements of the show are still here, but for some reason it just doesn't deliver right. I think what made this show the funniest was that it dealt with issues that people take more seriously than anything else and just made a complete mockery of them... and I think the issue of comedy awards isn't really very enticing at all. Considering our recent current events, it doesn't seem all that hard to have new material to use, and it seems like a perfect time to pounce on peoples' misguided views about them.

Furthermore, there just isn't as much edge these days. The great thing about the writing before was that there was this edge to it... I don't know how, but the jokes just got set up way better. Also, the pacing was just way better, it's kind of getting lackluster now.

I will say that there were parts of the show that were kind of funny... I actually thought that the tyler perry thing got funnier as the episode went along. also, the germans thing started to get kind of funny... as well as cartman pointing out kyle to the germans.

All I can say is, I hope that the writers get back to their wits.

And of course, writing this post is doing exactly what the episode was making fun of... but that's a "non-sequitur" :timmy: .
NeuroHeart

Re: Re:

Postby NeuroHeart » Thu May 05, 2011 10:01 pm

GeminiShamrock wrote:I need to get a photo of a Dalek and a photo from this episode so people can see the reference better.

iiiioooque

Postby iiiioooque » Thu May 05, 2011 10:05 pm

this one is definitely not as funny as the humancentiPad was!
the robot wasn't funny at all ...
cartman is himself, and so, always hilarious!

as for jimmy, i liked him much better when he couldn't speak properly, it seems that he's beginning to control his speeches as he gets old, that's a shame!! when he got stuck on a word i used to fell down of my chair, laughing my ass out!

eager for the next episode :D

salutations from across the Atlantic ocean, portugal!!

ps: sorry if my english isn't correct!

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”