*1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

FreeQuebec86

Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Postby FreeQuebec86 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:57 am

hannahjoo wrote:I'm positively reeling! I LOVE South Park! I BREATHE South Park! I can't believe....

All good things have to end. I know that. I am an adult. But South Park is so incredibly perfect in its everything that I can't bear to see it go.

This is honestly the most depressing news I've heard all year, and my grandmother just got diagnosed with cancer.

I'm gonna go get drunk before I dissolve into blubbery rant mode.

I love you, Matt and Trey,and I wish South Park still made you as happy as it makes your fans.

:'(:'( i hope they will do a QandA for the fans tell us what is going onnn !
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:58 am

hannahjoo wrote:I'm positively reeling! I LOVE South Park! I BREATHE South Park! I can't believe....

All good things have to end. I know that. I am an adult. But South Park is so incredibly perfect in its everything that I can't bear to see it go.

This is honestly the most depressing news I've heard all year, and my grandmother just got diagnosed with cancer.

I love you, Matt and Trey,and I wish South Park still made you as happy as it makes your fans.

Whoa, whoa, they series didn't end, Stan just left, contractual obligation for at least 7 more.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:00 am

There's a sticky on the General SP discussion. They're on for two more seasons.

You read it! You can't unread it!
supersupercereal

Postby supersupercereal » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:00 am

Did anybody else feel like Randy and Sharon's argument about being unhappy was maybe reflecting the thoughts of M&T on making the show now. That maybe they're getting tired of making the show and they need a change? Idk, that's how that argument came across to me.
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:00 am

Zazaban wrote:I could see them opening the next half-season with somebody casually mentioning Stan died of cancer. They would do it too. :cartmanevillaugh:

They would. The question is, could they? I'm thinking people are having an issue of reading too much into this. They've done crazy stuff in the past, and yes, this may be a little different, but if history has anything to tell us, they will restore the status quo. Just look at Mr./Ms. Garrison, Stan/Wendy relationship, and Kenny dying in S5. I think one of two things will happen. Either A. They'll tie this episode up with a conclusion, or B. they'll end the series. Now using laws of logic, which seems more likely?
Can't we all just get along?
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:02 am

Ex1lepr0 wrote:
Zazaban wrote:I could see them opening the next half-season with somebody casually mentioning Stan died of cancer. They would do it too. :cartmanevillaugh:

They would. The question is, could they? I'm thinking people are having an issue of reading too much into this. They've done crazy stuff in the past, and yes, this may be a little different, but if history has anything to tell us, they will restore the status quo. Just look at Mr./Ms. Garrison, Stan/Wendy relationship, and Kenny dying in S5. I think one of two things will happen. Either A. They'll tie this episode up with a conclusion, or B. they'll end the series. Now using laws of logic, which seems more likely?

None of those things happened quickly, and they were originally intended to be permanent. Mind you it did happen eventually, but if they really wanted to remove somebody from the show, they wouldn't hesitate to do it.
Last edited by Zazaban on Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
FreeQuebec86

Postby FreeQuebec86 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:02 am

Why people said that it's can't be the end ?

Does they have a contract ? or said they will continue ?

It looked soo much like a end to me :S

OMG THEY ARE ON FOR 2 MORE OFFICIALLY ???? Niiiice i will check that sticky now.

I'm sooo release !! !let hope they dont broke their contract ( unlikely )
SouthParkKid1991

Postby SouthParkKid1991 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:02 am

Zazaban wrote:

Whoa, whoa, they series didn't end, Stan just left, contractual obligation for at least 7 more.

STAN LEFT FOR GOOD? FOR SURE?? NOOOOO!!!! *CRIES AGAIN*
ive learned something today...
CCCPkiller

Postby CCCPkiller » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:03 am

Ex1lepr0 wrote:

hmmm..........so hard choices.....i choose c, that theyll show a 4 minute clip, of it saying 'F**K YOU" over and over
obvious
in reality however, its definately A
Kenny McCormick is 10x better than you, and me.
God D**n MONGORIANS!
tribefan

Postby tribefan » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:04 am

triplemultiplex wrote:There's a sticky on the General SP discussion. They're on for two more seasons.

Can you send me a link but this is the last season theyre signed for theyre active on Broadway and pissed off bout 200 and 201 so thats my vibe.
mandymarie20

Postby mandymarie20 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:06 am

So not cool that I have to be a noob. I've been watching South Park since the beginning!

As to this episode, WTF! My life is depressing enough, I don't need the South Park world depressing me too. Seriously, South Park is pretty much the only show that is making new episodes that I watch and actually enjoy. This felt like the end and I'm just not cool with that. There are enough changes in life - the beauty of South Park is that it resets at the end.

I would have to agree with them that 99% of pop culture is sh*t. Especially Stevie Nicks and Bob Dylan. I never have and never will like that sh*t!
RougeCupcake

Postby RougeCupcake » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:06 am

I hope this episode was just to get all the fans worked up and freaked out and the next episode everything just goes back to normal after some time. I'm gonna be optimistic about this since I always assume the worst.
Though I'm still too shocked to go to bed.
t1CK
t0ck
8r8k
H34DS
honk
HONK
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:06 am

or

Stan? Who's that :?
kingcoot

Postby kingcoot » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:07 am

I need to role a 20 sided dice against my intellegence to disbelieve this happend. :) I know thats what i'd do if this was D&D.
Cabriole

Postby Cabriole » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:07 am

But... They wouldn't write Randy out of the series, Right?

.___.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”