*1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

AngusMcTavish

Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Postby AngusMcTavish » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:37 am

Brendle wrote:This will go down as one of the greatest South Park episodes ever.

This might even break my top 15. Probably the first genuinely serious South Park moment at the end of the episode...

I love how this show's such a bummer.

In my opinion, the message is this:

Stan is Matt/Trey. Matt/Trey have gotten old, and everything to them just seems sh*tty now, and they've gotten /cynical, and don't find anything funny anymore, hence they can't write a comedy show anymore.

So, yes, the show will be ending. I have enormous respect for Matt/Trey. God bless them.

Think so?? I know they had their renewal through, what, Season 17?

All I know is: this is one hell of a cliffhanger we've got going here! I keep thinking things will work out with Stan and his friends in this one, but now that we're going into a part 2, which will be a few months before we see it, it won't be easy to do.

Do they go shopping for a "fourth friend" like they did during Season 6? We'll find out in a long while, I'm sure...
erzhikkz

Postby erzhikkz » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:38 am

If SP about to end, I can't believe it. I went through high school and college with SP. I'm doing my masters and SP is still here. This can't be real. Can't wait to read reviews tomorrow, see what people say about it, right now I need to sleep on it. This is too damn depressing.

Imagine the viewer base Comedy Central will lose once SP goes.
nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:40 am

Episode is up online for those who haven't had a chance to see it yet.
Brendle

Postby Brendle » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:41 am

Anyone else think Sharon/Randy were Matt/Trey in this episode?

I think Matt/Trey have grown apart, and are sick of eachother now. They just want to settle down. How sad. :(
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:41 am

I am in such a state of shock right now. Way too f*cking shocked.

I- this felt like a movie almost. This..... I dont think I'll be able to give a real review until tomorrow or after. I- I want to cry. I cannot believe.... what I do want to get out of the way:

do not do NOT want to see Kyle and Cartman friends. It does not make SENSE. other than that...

wow........................... :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
byte19

Postby byte19 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:43 am

I can say this with all honesty.... having followed the show since second one, and being a soon-to-be 42 year old... That Was The Greatest Episode I Have Seen.... mind you, I said "Episode"... it won't kill me if the show is over, or they continue with what a lot of here say: sh*t shows... to me... all the shows were good. this one was exceptional... I will wait patiently, like I always do, for the show to start up again... until then? well..... :assface:
now that's what i call a stickey situation!!

https://www.facebook.com/TheRascalTheory.trt/
dusty506

Postby dusty506 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:44 am

Stanluv25 wrote:I am in such a state of shock right now. Way too f*cking shocked.

I- this felt like a movie almost. This..... I dont think I'll be able to give a real review until tomorrow or after. I- I want to cry. I cannot believe.... what I do want to get out of the way:

do not do NOT want to see Kyle and Cartman friends. It does not make SENSE. other than that...

wow........................... :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry:

You finally get a stan episode and he gets totally screwed lol.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:45 am

NeuroHeart wrote:
zzyzx 1 wrote:NeuroHeart: I like taking the SP Quizzes; you usually are at the top of the list for each quiz! Congratulations, btw :D

Oh Image Thank you. I actually got the account here to track my progress on that thing. It's a bit addictive, yeah?

It is :D That's the reason I keep changing my avy; to show off items I unlocked :wink:

Stanluv25 wrote:what I do want to get out of the way:

do not do NOT want to see Kyle and Cartman friends. It does not make SENSE.

As Judge Judy says (whom Bradley Biggle, a/k/a Mint Berry Crunch's favorite show):

Judge Judy wrote: It's not true! If it doesn't make sense it's not true!
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:49 am

byte19 wrote:I can say this with all honesty.... having followed the show since second one, and being a soon-to-be 42 year old... That Was The Greatest Episode I Have Seen.... mind you, I said "Episode"... it won't kill me if the show is over, or they continue with what a lot of here say: sh*t shows... to me... all the shows were good. this one was exceptional... I will wait patiently, like I always do, for the show to start up again... until then? well..... :assface:

Well said!

Of course, I was laughing away at all the shxt spewing all over the place. The movie trailers, especially...Yeah, that pretty much sums up a few of those films. :lol:

SAVE THEM BRITCHES! Wonder if those guys ever met the Underpants Gnomes?? Heh heh...
kmal2t

Postby kmal2t » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:50 am

I see this as the beginning of the end for South Park. Rarely if ever does a show let you in on the inner workings of it the way SP does. Sure its hinted or metaphored in the show but to give something this candid yet again speaks volumes for Matt and Trey.

I hope it isn't the end but judging by the eps this season if they really are out of ideas and juice let it go while you still have the integrity of the show.
Strayed

Postby Strayed » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:54 am

All seriousness aside...

Rated ARG for pirate F*** YOU!

I almost died
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:57 am

underhyped wrote:Before I read anything, I'm guessing Trey Parker is leaving the show. Think about it. He's the voice of Stan and his dad. Matt is the voice of cartman and kenny who are still sticking to the same routine. I'm calling it. :( The show can, and will go on of course. But I'm sure stan will show up from time to time. They still have Butters and Cartman and Kenny.. they need someone new. Or maybe they'll hire a sound alike voice actor?

If he leaves, there is no South Park. This show is his baby. If he walks away from it, find something else to watch Wednesdays at 10 pm, 'cause it's done.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Shouko

Postby Shouko » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:58 am

Year of the Fan my ass.

Matt and Trey, you're old and sh*tty. This episode was a big F-U to the fans. If you don't feel like doing the show anymore, you can think of a less depressing way to end things. You still have half a season to go. Oh yeah. Keep writing your broadway shows with Avenue Q guy. It made you lose some of your personal style, Trey. You were once a genius with writing the music for South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut, Cannibal the Musical, and Team America.

Cartman and Kyle would never be friends. Really, does that make sense? That won't last. Stan and Kyle are super best friends. They better figure a way to work it out.

Get back to your roots. You've both been horribly inconsistent.

I know they probably won't even read this, and how this board is just a bunch of other fans, but I just felt like I had to vent somewhere.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:58 am

kmal2t wrote:I see this as the beginning of the end for South Park. Rarely if ever does a show let you in on the inner workings of it the way SP does. Sure its hinted or metaphored in the show but to give something this candid yet again speaks volumes for Matt and Trey.

I hope it isn't the end but judging by the eps this season if they really are out of ideas and juice let it go while you still have the integrity of the show.

Or, it's a bridge to the next episode of South Park :)

AngusMcTavish wrote:SAVE THEM BRITCHES! Wonder if those guys ever met the Underpants Gnomes?? Heh heh...

Excellent analogy, Angus :D I like it
Tzazon

Postby Tzazon » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:58 am

Doesn't anyone remember the tales of ScrotieMcBoogerBalls?
You're just like their readers reading into something that probably isn't there this is just another one of southparks cliffhangers that may be fixed in a few houses at the second part of the season. Stop freaking out so much guys.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”