*1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

dusty506

Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Postby dusty506 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:34 am

coltermfraines wrote:So IF this IS to be the last season of South Park (God please no), I predict that Cartman will kill either Stan or Kyle before meeting his own demise. Who knows? Perhaps Kenny will be the only one to live, wandering the decimated and destroyed streets of the now-ghost-town of South Park; then he kills himself.

Regardless, as saddened as I would be under aforementioned hypotheses, I think Matt & Trey should do whatever they want to do...which is what they have always done.

A great episode nonetheless.

-CMFR

doesnt matter he'll just come back lol
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:36 am

dusty506 wrote:
Big-Will wrote:
NeuroHeart wrote:On reflection, it doesn't look like Stan moved away from South Park. The end had him surrounded by sh*t, but still in town.

Correct. He's still there, but everything looks to him like sh*t. Kyle just can't hang out with him anymore, so Kyle takes Cartman.

^ Stan is a sad panda...

:lol:
xlxcigaroxlx

Postby xlxcigaroxlx » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:40 am

What do you guys think about South Park doing straight to DVD seasons? Could that be a viable option? I wonder how much an episode costs to produce. They do 14, sell straight to DVD.
I failed sex ed, will you tutor me?
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:41 am

Stan is totally FUBAR now. Unfortunately, I believe he needs to be killed off in order to not get in Kyle, Cartman, Kenny, Butters, and whoever is hanging out with them now's way and to be put out of his misery. Also, Randy should definitely be killed off as well. Assuming Stan is gone from the main group for good, who will take his place for the show's final seven episodes? My best bets are Wendy, Craig, or Clyde.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:42 am

I liked the episode..I was kinda laughing at Stan's attitude, I know people like that, everything, no matter what it is seems sh*tty to them. A lot of truth in that episode.

If the end of it was a message about how Trey and Matt have been feeling about making South Park, I don't blame them. They are smart, and amazingly talented, and creative..But they are people too. I imagine they have to sacrifice a lot when it comes to their lives outside of work to make South Park for us every year. It does sound like Trey has been burned out working on the show for a long time. I love the show, I have been watching since the beginning, I love the newer episodes. But if they do decide to end the show, I am not going to be a whiny little bitch about it, and f*ck the so called fans who are. I feel that if you really are a fan of an artist or an entertainer, you would want them to be happy, not miserable, because in reality, all the people who entertain us are people too.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:42 am

xlxcigaroxlx wrote:What do you guys think about South Park doing straight to DVD seasons? Could that be a viable option? I wonder how much an episode costs to produce. They do 14, sell straight to DVD.

Won't matter; it's all digital, finished on the same day it airs; then sent digitally to Comedy Central; straight to DVD they might take more than 6 days to make an episode; could ruin the intense rushed feeling M&T need to make an episode.

I think straight to DVD is not an option for a show with their 6 day deadline.
dusty506

Postby dusty506 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:43 am

xlxcigaroxlx wrote:What do you guys think about South Park doing straight to DVD seasons? Could that be a viable option? I wonder how much an episode costs to produce. They do 14, sell straight to DVD.

it is but if they think that they are running out of ideas now the point of ending it would be to stop making new episodes to not taint the reputation so if they did that it would be more plausible to just continue the way they do now.
Barack_Obama

Postby Barack_Obama » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:43 am

I have 2 theories as to what happens, feel free to discuss each in their threads:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=47934
Here is what I think might not happen but most likely will IF the show isn't ended with 15B.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=45846
And this is what I think will happen, and all the reasons why. It is looking like that.

Loose ends are being tied, and the contract not yet signed for renewal.

What do you think is going to happen?
I have been here since January 2005 with another name. I have seniority. (.__. )

Plants stuff their pollen everywhere, all those kids who get allergies because of pollen have plant sperm in their lungs. Flowers deep throat kids :I

- Unassumption
protocol

Postby protocol » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:44 am

Does anyone else feel that episode was hinting at the possibility of the final seven episodes of season 15 being South Park's last? It's been a good run. Been there from the beginning. South Park, you will be missed...
code933k

Nice episode!

Postby code933k » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:47 am

Kinda deep as for the purporting of the sh*tty world in which us cynical assh*les" have to live. People, it is objective, it's a condition! Stan and I don't want to be like this xD

It seems that Ol' Randy is going back to his progressive past as well, yet I'm sad he devolved from progressive geologist to stereotypical Homer Simpson.
Spazmosis

Postby Spazmosis » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:53 am

Episode 1508 has to bring back Roy from Clubhouses it would be so funny. :D
stuntdog63

Postby stuntdog63 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:56 am

Of all the things South Park has surprised me with, I never thought they'd have an episode where I'd get misty eyed.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:59 am

Spazmosis wrote:Episode 1508 has to bring back Roy from Clubhouses it would be so funny. :D

We also want Pip :wink:
Last edited by zzyzx 1 on Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
mst3ktomservo

Postby mst3ktomservo » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:59 am

i think in the next half of the season its going to turn out that rosebud was the sled, bruce willis was dead the whole time, j.r. was shot by his sister in law, picard gets the borg implants removed, house ends up in a mental institution, the dukes of hazzard make the jump over the gorge, and it was maggie who shot mr.burns.
Last edited by mst3ktomservo on Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stand tall and rock the heavens!
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:00 am

mst3ktomservo wrote:i think in the half of the season its going to turn out that rosebud was the sled, bruce willis was dead the whole time, j.r. was shot by his sister in law, picard gets the borg implants removed, house ends up in a mental institution, the dukes of hazzard make the jump over the gorge, and it was maggie who shot mr.burns.

/best post of the night :D

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”