*1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

cynthia325

Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Postby cynthia325 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:52 pm

Niels0827 wrote:
ItalianMattGuy wrote:My god... Awful.

I cannot stop thinking this is some kind of vengeance from Matt and Trey because of all the sh*t people said about 14th and 15th season. And it's cruel.

Only solution: hibernate myself till October.

I see people saying this everywhere. I highly doubt that's the case. I think Matt and Trey are real artists, and REAL artists can take criticism in any form.

Exactly. They could just be doing this to screw with our minds (and hearts). Or it could be for real and they want to just end the show. Who knows? We'll find out in Oct. CC will have HUUUGE ratings!
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:55 pm

cartbutters wrote:can anyone confirm please.. a few people said something about a season 17 and that it is signed or something.

is this true? if yes i can finally stop beeing depressed..

Sorry to tell you: As stated a couple times, there has been zero confirmation of a new contract. There were likely some negotiations about more seasons, which is where the reports got started, but as far as I've seen... no, a contract has not been signed. We'll have to wait to find out about that.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Lifer73

Postby Lifer73 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:59 pm

That episode was incredible. I literally had 5 friends call me to tell me that Stan had turned into me. It was too funny for me to take as an insult.
Christian1

Stan

Postby Christian1 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:59 pm

f*ck, I feel bad, I think I also see sh*t everywhere, I'm getting old too.
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:00 pm

Niels0827 wrote:I think Matt and Trey are real artists, and REAL artists can take criticism in any form.

...I think you have never lived with an artist.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Maddie Luvs SP

You're Getting Older

Postby Maddie Luvs SP » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:15 pm

NO!
This...episode...its so...SAD
D:
spiralraw

Oh my god i hope im making a big mistake!

Postby spiralraw » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:19 pm

As the episode ends i think that this will be a two parter,im not sure yet but i hope to not put out stan from the show because from the way i see it looks like stan's parents were geting a divorce,PLEEEASE YOU GUYS dont screw that one up.
mjc420

Postby mjc420 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:20 pm

I Am Almost About To Cry..
cartbutters

Postby cartbutters » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:24 pm

i miss randy.. hes was one of my favourite chars.. hes was so fu**ing stupid and funny D:
RichardV1150

"WHAT THIS ALL MEANS" by Richard Via

Postby RichardV1150 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:26 pm

Lift your arms up, take a deep breath. Now South Park has come a long way, it's all getting older. Now I hope you knew that this day could possibly come, I mean all good things must come to an end. Just to let you know, the season 15 extension to season 17 has not been signed, it's still pending. What that means is that Trey Parker and Matt Stone are seriously considering whether or not to end the series and move on. So if the series ends, I will be happy, knowing I've been part of something so great and so changing to me and my life experiences. I learned so much and I hope that you have to.
Matt and Trey have been getting older like many of us, whom have been watching South Park since we were little kids. I've been watching South Park since like... close to the start, so many memories. The South Park crew hasn't changed much over the years, stood close to some beliefs and how they run their show. They might have been scared to change the show, but now that they may be ending everything, they are changing the show.
One thing that strikes me as touching is that throughout all these seasons and years, I've been changing and it's been fun. Through all the laughs, the crying, the memories, I've never considered South Park of all things to end. If it does end now, I will have graduated the school year that it ends, kind of fitting, don't you think so? I hope the fans of South Park have grew along with the show as well, learning new and exciting things and most of all having fun. :)
Well enough of the sad drippery drew, let's talk South Park and what it all means. First off, I kindly wish that Stan has not been written out of the show as many of you have suggested. Stan has been an important aspect of the South Park series, his maturity, his tending to make sense, sanity in general. We have never seen him in a true self-problem, something that truly effects his character in such a negative way. I thought the sh*t thing was all fun and games until I started seeing others get affected by his actions. In a sense, without him everything is different, for better and worse. When someone feels isolated they become isolated and very quickly. I believe he still lives in South Park, the cafeteria looked the same, Sharron wanting the house she has always dreamed of, same goes for Randy. Kyle and Eric are getting older too you know, some enemies become friends. I think they will actually start being... afraid to say it, super best friends.
We've seen Sharron and Randy get divorced before, in Club houses, but the last five minutes are what really speaks their minds, Matt and Trey's too. Maybe Matt and Trey want to go separate ways, maybe not. What I believe this very well could mean is that Randy won't be getting back with Sharron, ever. South Park may take a turn at telling how kids lives really are, divorced parents, strained friendships, hard times. I believe Kenny will stay in his own small world, cause what does he even have to begin with, certainly not much money. He has two parents that live that hard life, fighting with one other, having other siblings without much as well. I mean, you've seen them, but I thing that Matt and Trey might not want to do much more with the McCormicks.
Some how I don't believe this is a two-part episode, I mean look at it, their was no dramatic climax (I'm mean like with 200/2001 and the Coon series) or devastating destruction, teetering on the brink. I think this is how things will remain. South Park may change permanently with each passing episode. Whatever happens now, I'm sure everyone will have their eyes glued to the screen, not literally I hope.
This could be wrong and Matt and Trey are just f*cking with us, testing their fan base. Like they said in the commentary of season 14, they'd like to see Mysterion coming back, which might mean they would like to sign that contract and move onto season 16 and 17. This isn't some kind of anger of Matt and Trey, they are very happy with what they do, I know this, and take all forms of criticism kindly, their just getting older, like you.
South Park is amazing and anyone who doesn't think so should learn how to Respect My Authoritah! LOL South Park Rulez!
joo34

Postby joo34 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:29 pm

:oops: i was sooo sad i cry when i see the end of the episode :oops:
dimi_vhst

WOW

Postby dimi_vhst » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:31 pm

The Episode was Like the perfect Tv-show Comedy,Thrills and drama
but the last 5 minutes WOW
I was so worried i had questions like what's going to happen with Stan, randy & Sharron
and are Cartman & Kyle realy going to turn out as friends
The title says much things The boys get older so thats why maybe Cartman (like we allready saw in Crack Baby Athletic Associaton) is learning to appreciate people a LITTLE (but just a little) more and yes Kyle changed to thats an other meaning you get older you all change even South Park

BUT IF YOU ASK ME SOUTH PARK IS NOT DONE I THINK THEY WILL MAKE AT LEAST TWO SEASONS MORE EVEN IF SOME SAY THE RUMORS OF THE UNTIL SEASON 17 AREN'T TRUE I BELIEVE IN IT
AND ONE THING : CALM DOWN IM SHURE THAT IN THE NEXT 7 EPISODES WE WILL GET MORE ANSWERS AT LEAST IN ONE OF THEM BECAUSE AN OPEN ENDING?
HOW MANY TIMES DIDN'T THEY DO THAT BEFORE THAT WOULD NOT BE VERY ORGINAL THEY JUST WANT TO MAKE THE FANS NERVOUS FOR THE NEXT EPISODE
ITS NOT THE END
dryose

I love South Park but....

Postby dryose » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:31 pm

I love South Park, but I feel that this season has been really bad. I didn't laugh once (except in funny bot as Cartman speaks German), but maybe M & T are busy with their hit Broadway show. Miss the episodes like the Coon, toiler paper when Cartman tries to kill Kyle at the lake lol, and one of my favorites is The death of Eric Cartman!
morganza

Trey, Matt, don't end the show. :(

Postby morganza » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:41 pm

So much talk on this damn discussion board of how south park has gotten bad, and how these assh*les want you to ...effin move on..? ((what is that?))

I've been watching this show since it came out. I was seven then. And it was awesome. AND IT'S STILL AWESOME! What other show could instill us with the addictive personalities of its authors/characters? There's nothing out there that could ever hold up to this, particular personable style! And what has ever put such catchy/creepy/compelling ideas in a show/movie/whathaveyou..((EVERY time they try. But seriously- who else tries? Or could succeed marginally close to how Trey and Matt have?)) ..(and made us laugh!) along with injecting the show with their vital flair for a love of the world ((why else would they make fun of it so much, so well?)) and by dissecting modern times it's like we get to hang out with two of our most awesome friends, right, remembering and commenting on all that stuff we had seen/done that week. ((Via whatever Trey and Matt had done/seen, but most of it we've seen/done and reached similar conclusions- but conclusions not nearly so amusing.))
...in reflection, that does sound kind of exhausting. But you guys could take a break analyzing/assessing the outside world, and make another story driven episode. ..or is that more exhausting..?

If this show ends, where will we encounter our beloved south park personalities every week to ever year? (Authors more than characters, but characters a f*cking lot too.)

I know everyone's all grown up now. Trey and Matt are doing well on *Broadway* ah how fancy..but who really has the money to fly out and see it? And even then, it's just one show. They've been there for us for fifteen years! They've done so well at it, the seasons haven't gotten worse, they've gotten better.

I don't know what the bastard fans on this site are spewin on about. I suppose most of Trey/Matt's real fans aren't big into trolling forums on the internet...but there's a lot more of us out there that get it. That know how hard it is to keep making such an awesome show. And get how awesome it is.

Anyway. Wouldn't it be sweet if they had no intention of ending the show and were just bored and decided to make a very different story arc?

..Initially I had thought maybe Trey and Matt had gotten in a fight or something...about how cynical one of them is and how it's getting annoying to the other one.
dusty506

Re: WOW

Postby dusty506 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:43 pm

dimi_vhst wrote:The Episode was Like the perfect Tv-show Comedy,Thrills and drama
but the last 5 minutes WOW
I was so worried i had questions like what's going to happen with Stan, randy & Sharron
and are Cartman & Kyle realy going to turn out as friends
The title says much things The boys get older so thats why maybe Cartman (like we allready saw in Crack Baby Athletic Associaton) is learning to appreciate people a LITTLE (but just a little) more and yes Kyle changed to thats an other meaning you get older you all change even South Park

BUT IF YOU ASK ME SOUTH PARK IS NOT DONE I THINK THEY WILL MAKE AT LEAST TWO SEASONS MORE EVEN IF SOME SAY THE RUMORS OF THE UNTIL SEASON 17 AREN'T TRUE I BELIEVE IN IT
AND ONE THING : CALM DOWN IM SHURE THAT IN THE NEXT 7 EPISODES WE WILL GET MORE ANSWERS AT LEAST IN ONE OF THEM BECAUSE AN OPEN ENDING?
HOW MANY TIMES DIDN'T THEY DO THAT BEFORE THAT WOULD NOT BE VERY ORGINAL THEY JUST WANT TO MAKE THE FANS NERVOUS FOR THE NEXT EPISODE
ITS NOT THE END

In the interview with matt and trey "part of a new pact with Comedy Central that keeps the show on the air through 2013 and is said to be even richer than their previous $75 million deal" so i really dont think itll be the last season just a twist to keep fans interested... thats my conclusion after having almost a day to think it out.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”