*1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

John_117

Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Postby John_117 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:43 am

BearGrylls wrote:
John_117 wrote:I posted this message somewhere else, but for the hell of it, I'll post it here too.

South Park is at that logistic stage now. There's only two options: rise or fall. If they fall, they will fall hard. In order for them to continue on, M&T will have to make no mistake, or they'll be gone in the blink of an eye. Forever. But if they can pull it off, they will be like messiahs of comedy TV.

South Park has messed up numerous times through it all, I won't name any particular episodes though. This is their last chance to get it right. If they don't...goodbye South Park, but if they do...they become history.

WTF? 'Becomes' history??? So you're telling me South Park isn't history yet? A cartoon originally made of paper in stop-motion form, that has now won 4 Emmy's and a Peabody award!
That seems pretty dern historic to me. these guys know what they're doing.... Look at the fuss they've made us make over this! They expected this.... F*cking GENIUS!

Like I said before, they're capable of pulling off a 20-seasoner. They really can't make anymore mistakes at this point. It's way too late for that.
BearGrylls

Postby BearGrylls » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:50 am

John_117 wrote:
BearGrylls wrote:
John_117 wrote:I posted this message somewhere else, but for the hell of it, I'll post it here too.

South Park is at that logistic stage now. There's only two options: rise or fall. If they fall, they will fall hard. In order for them to continue on, M&T will have to make no mistake, or they'll be gone in the blink of an eye. Forever. But if they can pull it off, they will be like messiahs of comedy TV.

South Park has messed up numerous times through it all, I won't name any particular episodes though. This is their last chance to get it right. If they don't...goodbye South Park, but if they do...they become history.

WTF? 'Becomes' history??? So you're telling me South Park isn't history yet? A cartoon originally made of paper in stop-motion form, that has now won 4 Emmy's and a Peabody award!
That seems pretty dern historic to me. these guys know what they're doing.... Look at the fuss they've made us make over this! They expected this.... F*cking GENIUS!

Like I said before, they're capable of pulling off a 20-seasoner. They really can't make anymore mistakes at this point. It's way too late for that.

People will watch this show no matter what, and some people will like it, some will think it sucks. It's up to Matt and Trey if they go 20 seasons..... Nothing else on earth but them can decide.
Hugues Lavergne

Postby Hugues Lavergne » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:53 am

For the people saying that the contrat is suppose to end after the 17th season I want proofs.

From all I know, the contrat is ending at the end of this season and it has been that for like 3 or 4 years I think.

I always thought that would end after season 15. The last dicussion from Randy and Sharon is clearly the state of mind of Matt and Trey.

From now I think they will end the series after 15B. But the way they finished the episode let them the opportunity to make any drastic changement.

So I think the summer will let them reflect on their careers.

With the succes of the Book of Mormon, they may concentrate on musicals or other project.

I don't want South Park to quit but if they are tired of it and thinks that they have done everything, it's better for them and us to stop.

7 to go? ....
rudy.fires

Postby rudy.fires » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:59 am

Great episode. Nothing has made my brother and me laugh so hard together than when we heard Bob Dylan's sh*tty music. And our hippie mother was in the next room over. XD

Looks like a sh*t storm here on the internet. f*cking cynicism gets us all cynical. Still can't wait for the next episode. Hope it doesn't all go to sh*t~
Tom_SF

Re: After watching this episode

Postby Tom_SF » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:02 am

Theantonlolz wrote:Im sorry guys, but I really hated this episode, I mean, REALLY, it just, sucked so much.

Yes it did. Makes me wonder what they'll do with everyone's 15 Favorite episodes.
JVM

Postby JVM » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:16 am

Lots of cynical assh*les on this board, eh?

This episode had two messages - the aforementioned dialogue about Matt, Trey, and the show, and to tell people who think it's sh*t to shut up.

Clearly it didn't work. Again people are whining about how much Season Fifteen sucks like they're some one guy with a strong, unique opinion against a bunch of assh*les.

This is just another "Britney's New Look" episode - one where you either get it, or you don't. And like they mention in the commentary for that one, if you get it, it's amazing, and if you don't.... well then it's sh*t.

The difference is most people got the message this time, save a few cynical assh*les who just saw a bunch of sh*t for twenty-two minutes.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
Brendle

Postby Brendle » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:20 am

The POINT of the show is that they have lost the willpower to try to be funny. They just don't want to satirize anything anymore...and you people are knocking the episode for NOT being funny? Way to miss the POINT.

Trey Parker and Matt Stone no longer have the willpower to make fun of things anymore. They're spent. They just don't care about making fun of movies because they're all sh*t. Ripping on movies and things, just doesn't interest them anymore. Doing it for 15 years gets tiresome.

That's why all the movie parodies in this episode are half-baked and lazy: "The president is a duck! Or a dog. Whatever." They don't even care enough to finish off the joke.

I was actually expecting the episode to end with the whole town of South Park turning into a big turd, along with everyone in it, to symbolize the show becoming crap.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
wolfdog526

Postby wolfdog526 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:27 am

Great episode! I hope this isn't the end; I'll be sad to say goodbye to the show. But, I'm pretty sure they're just f*cking with us like they did previously when Cartman's mom turned out to be his dad. Who knows? They like to do cliffhangers at the season or mid season finale episodes. I thought for sure during the stevie nicks landslide song they were gonna insert the fart sounds, but I guess they actually like that song. I like it too, but I must say the dixie chicks girl sings it better, even if the original is better musically.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:28 am

Brendle wrote:I was actually expecting the episode to end with the whole town of South Park turning into a big turd, along with everyone in it, to symbolize the show becoming crap.

Well, the scene where Stan was in the school cafeteria was sort of like that:

(right-click):

Golden Mean

Postby Golden Mean » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:43 am

Made an account just to comment on this amazing episode.

Firstly, this episode has bigger balls then Randy in MFC.

I've been a South Park fan for a long long time and it's never made me have to stop and think about it's meaning more then this one. Holy crap.

What I especially love is it's open to so much interpretation. Are they being serious or are they just trying to f*ck with peoples heads? My personal opinion is that Sharon represents what Matt and Trey (not so?) deep down truely think about the show as of late and Randy is what they've been trying to convince themselves to believe, and their fight at the end is their struggle to come to terms with it.

Stan and his friends are the fans in this case. Stan being the haters and critics and the rest of the group being those who continue to enjoy the show. Their falling out at the end was done very well I think, I know alot of people who could learn a lot from it. People are free to think some things are sh*t, but keep it to your f*cking self. They have such inflated egos that they think nobody is allowed to like things that they hate.

It's also kinda hard to justify being negative all the time. IMO There's only three reasons to complain about something, one is that you don't like something and you feel that complaining will help to change it, two because they want other people like themselves to agree because misery loves company and three because they're assh*les wanting to piss off people with differing opinions. I personally try to live my life with the first.

The fact that they can do all this in 20 something minutes and still get in some great laughs is brilliant. The ridiculousness of the "Save dem britches" and the "Cynical assh*le" diagnoses were pure gold. I don't think this will be the last time we see the old "britches" geezers.

If this were the last episode i'd have to rate it among the top last episodes of all time. That's not to say that this is how i'd like it to end, but the whole story combined with the real turmoil M&T have been facing would have made this a legendary finale talked about for a long time. Where they're going to go from here I have no idea.

Oh, and Cartman called Kenny Keeny! :D I love it when he does that.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:49 am

I guess the reason this episode hit so hard was I know just how Stan feels. My parents recently got the big D and now I live with my dad and his future wife in a new apartment since... April. Sure I knew it was coming, and I've made my peace with it, but seeing the same thing happen to Stan is very hard to take. I mean he's a child. And no kid wants to hear his parents fight and argue. Again, sure he may have a feeling they're going to split, but it doesn't make it any easier to take. So my hear really goes out for Stan in this one. Change is never easy. I can only hope Stan's life will return to normal... in some way, in 15B.

and that's why I cannot stop myself from tearing up thinking about the last 5 min of this eppy. Stan truly is alone right now.. :cry:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
fishydick

Postby fishydick » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:50 am

goddamn i just seen it.. damn. i felt a lil heartbroken.
ClassyTie

Postby ClassyTie » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:52 am

I think people are overreacting about Kenny being shown so easily, it happened in The Losing Edge.
Golden Mean

Postby Golden Mean » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:54 am

Brendle wrote:That's why all the movie parodies in this episode are half-baked and lazy: "The president is a duck! Or a dog. Whatever." They don't even care enough to finish off the joke.

That actually was the joke. They were trying to say that movies today are made half-assed and don't put much effort into the stories because they know it'll make money anyways.
ClassyTie

Postby ClassyTie » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:55 am

Rated argh for pirates f*ck you had me laughing

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”