*1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

trevq14
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:58 am

Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Postby trevq14 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:12 am

This episode seemed really symbolic, as if they were talking about South Park getting old. I'm not ready for South Park to go away.
joegirl404
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:15 am

Why??

Postby joegirl404 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:32 am

At the beginning of the episode I was like: 8D Yay a new South Park episode. This should be awesome.
Then at the end I was like: T-T WHY???? I mean I my twi sisters crying, my little brothers are crying, my moms crying, and my DADs even crying.
GRK
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:18 am

Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Postby GRK » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:48 am

And to remove element of doubt regarding Stan moving/not moving away we provide you this picture:
(right clik->open)
Image
The first caption is taken right before the went to the movies, and the second caption is from Stans meeting with the duck in the last scene.

So he's still in there, but maybe as a minor char the first two-three episodes.
I'm sure he'll be "cured" after a while, and come on, who hasn't felt like everything was sh*t once or twice during their youth? :stanpuke:
cartbutters
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:33 pm

Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Postby cartbutters » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:50 am

Actually they cant stop southpark and even if they do, they would have to start again because southpark is their way of life, their interpretation of this world. If there would be to exist another Goerge W. Bush in the future, dont u think T&M wouldn't take the mick out of him with southpark? They would kill him, let him get eaten by tigers and crap his dead pants.
Dont bother yourself too much after all this years we know them both a little better.

@GRK
great notice!
Brendle
Posts: 583
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:26 pm

Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Brendle » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:19 pm

nekozgirly wrote:And to go deeper into the meaning of each thing

Tween music= represents all the crap they have to write about each week as in curent news and trends.

Stan= South Park as a whole..how things started to look like sh*t as SP got older...

Randy and Sharon= Both Trey and Matt..realizing that its the same sh*t weekly, that they are just not having fun any longer so decided to "Divorce" the show.

Kyle and Eric= Matt and Trey realizing the new possiblities and unlikely things that may happen in their careers and what they probably thought they would never do (Book of Mormon etc)

that is just my thoughts.

Perfect summary, nekozgirly.

As for Cartman and Kyle being friends...that's just saying that as we grow older, we grow apart from people and become close with people we'd never expect to be close with.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Brendle
Posts: 583
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:26 pm

Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Brendle » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:27 pm

ozzie33z wrote:Obviously the message they are sending us is that the media is taking control of our lives... when you wake up and realize whats going on, everything really does seem fake and sh*tty. They control you to become the person they want you to be. This is the problem... Stan is beginning to awaken and he is realizing everything is sh*tty and fake. However with Kyle, Cartman, and Kenny, they are still in what I like to call the "media trap"... Basically if you are not on board and you think otherwise you will become ridiculed by everyone.. even your closest friends. I know this because this is the same exact thing I went through and I am sure there are plenty others as well.. They are giving us a hint that the beginning of the end of our age is near. However there are always beginnings to every end. This is the time we enter the Age of Aquarius. More people will begin to awaken at how fake everything is... even including our own Damn illegal president.. Barack Obama who has fake written all over him and his birth certificate.. A similar situation, just for example, realistically would involve Donald Trump seeing how sh*tty Obama is and is calling him out on it. However the media is on Obama's nuts and they will do anything to protect him... And for those who fall in the "media trap" will listen to these "reliable" news stations on our television and will program you to believe a false reality.. much more I would love to say but I must go... please ask if anymore questions... great job Matt and Trey to awaken people. Very big and important episode. Bless you all and love each other as we enter the New Age of Aquarius. . .

What a load of crap.

You're probably a troll, but if you're not: you're another babbling idiot. Trey and Matt were making fun of people like yourself in the episode "T.M.I.," with the idiotic character who thinks Obama faked his birth certificate.

The only people who think Obama faked his birth certificate are racist idiots who can't bear the thought of a black man being President, so they comfort themselves by saying he's an illegal/invalid president.

Then there's all your waffle about the eeeeevil media and how it's controlling our lives. Of COURSE the media controls our lives...it controls YOUR life too. Do you even know what the "media" means?

You used the media to watch this episode of South Park. Forums are media...you used the media to post your dribble here. You use the media every time you read a book. You also use the media every time you watch a stupid YouTube video trying to prove Obama's birth certificate is faked.

The media you deem to be untrustworthy is the same media you get all your facts/opinions from, and the same media you use every day.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Italo
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:28 pm

Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Italo » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:59 pm

we see it for what are we continue to suck ... poor human beings ...
ozzie33z wrote:Obviously the message they are sending us is that the media is taking control of our lives... when you wake up and realize whats going on, everything really does seem fake and sh*tty. They control you to become the person they want you to be. This is the problem... Stan is beginning to awaken and he is realizing everything is sh*tty and fake. However with Kyle, Cartman, and Kenny, they are still in what I like to call the "media trap"... Basically if you are not on board and you think otherwise you will become ridiculed by everyone.. even your closest friends. I know this because this is the same exact thing I went through and I am sure there are plenty others as well.. They are giving us a hint that the beginning of the end of our age is near. However there are always beginnings to every end. This is the time we enter the Age of Aquarius. More people will begin to awaken at how fake everything is... even including our own Damn illegal president.. Barack Obama who has fake written all over him and his birth certificate.. A similar situation, just for example, realistically would involve Donald Trump seeing how sh*tty Obama is and is calling him out on it. However the media is on Obama's nuts and they will do anything to protect him... And for those who fall in the "media trap" will listen to these "reliable" news stations on our television and will program you to believe a false reality.. much more I would love to say but I must go... please ask if anymore questions... great job Matt and Trey to awaken people. Very big and important episode. Bless you all and love each other as we enter the New Age of Aquarius. . .


True, part of the message is this ... When you wake up and you discover the reality everything appears for what it is: sh*t!

The story of the birth certificate is just another sh*t, a big stinky sh*t created to be eaten by the people!

South Park has been dirty, full of sh*t, full of propaganda that fills the pants! People are afraid to open their eyes and realize that they just swallow feces since they were born, they swallow big turds directly from their owners ass! Licking their anus and enjoy the smell and the taste of sh*t that fills their mouths ... Is not certainly nice understand that we are attached to an assh*le with the mouth since we are born .... We are loyal to the sh*t, we love its taste and we continue to suck it ... poor human beings ...
manic221
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:37 pm

Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Postby manic221 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:18 pm

Hate to agree as i think Stan is awesome but i think this could be his final episode otherwise known as Stan got wrote out i believe which is sad...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
However it's my personally opinion that this episode is not mirroring the creators thoughts on each other or South Park. I think Randy and Sharon are mocking the reviewers because of their constant displeasure with South Park whatever they do (being Matt and Trey) they think it's sh*t Stan represents the critics and the fans who hate everything they do.

Kyle and Cartman represent the fans who just enjoy South park for what it is and want to keep enjoying it (like me)

The two old guys i personally think represent Matt and Trey and the underwear is South Park, their saying that their trying to save it.

My two cents on the matter this isn't the end rather a shake up of the formula nature of South Park.
cynthia325
Posts: 485
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:43 pm

Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Postby cynthia325 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:26 pm

After watching the episode for a third time. I still haven't dissected every single line or meaning like the majority on the forum have been doing. No point in doing that: sorry to tell those of you who seem to do it A LOT!

When M&T and the other writers meet in the writers room for ideas, don't they think of times when they were a little kid, and what happened in their lives? Maybe the topic of growing apart from your childhood friend came up. I know I can relate to Stan in this episode. I was friends with someone from first through twelfth grade. I became cynical of everything and everyone in high school. I noticed that my friend started to avoid me. She was like Kyle: she grew irritated and tired of me. The sad part is she had to write me an email listing everything she hated about me instead of tell me to my face, and to make matters worse she had her new bestie tell me the same thing. This episode made me reflect on that time in my life. It was an emotionally draining time for me.

Either way I still think, yes this could mean the beginning of the end of South Park. If it is, I still say that's fine. It's the decision of the creators and I trust their judgment. The show will certainly be missed.
Brendle
Posts: 583
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:26 pm

Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Brendle » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:04 pm

cynthia325 wrote:After watching the episode for a third time. I still haven't dissected every single line or meaning like the majority on the forum have been doing. No point in doing that: sorry to tell those of you who seem to do it A LOT!

When M&T and the other writers meet in the writers room for ideas, don't they think of times when they were a little kid, and what happened in their lives? Maybe the topic of growing apart from your childhood friend came up. I know I can relate to Stan in this episode. I was friends with someone from first through twelfth grade. I became cynical of everything and everyone in high school. I noticed that my friend started to avoid me. She was like Kyle: she grew irritated and tired of me. The sad part is she had to write me an email listing everything she hated about me instead of tell me to my face, and to make matters worse she had her new bestie tell me the same thing. This episode made me reflect on that time in my life. It was an emotionally draining time for me.

Either way I still think, yes this could mean the beginning of the end of South Park. If it is, I still say that's fine. It's the decision of the creators and I trust their judgment. The show will certainly be missed.

You don't seem cynical, cynthia (even though your name is similar to the word)! You seem quite the opposite.

It is kind of sad how people grow apart as they get older. Getting older for me, is realizing just how complex the world is. Everything is so complicated. There's never an easy solution to anything.

I know for a fact that Matt/Trey are two positive people and have always opposed cynicism. But I feel like they are becoming cynical...and that's not what they want the show to turn into. They don't want it to become a grumpy old man that says everything sucks.

So they're going to call it quits. There's just no coming back from something like that ending. You can't press the reset button; that would be an insult to the power and the drama of that scene.

As Matt Stone said, "once you get to a deeper level, you can't ever go back." That final scene was the deeper level. We're about to see the end of South Park...or a new South Park entirely. A serious, more mature South Park.

That final scene was NOT a joke. You can always tell when they're being ironic...I could sense no irony there. It was the first genuinely serious South Park scene in history...apart from when Cartman was heartbroken by Wendy...and apart from Kip Drordy.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
RichardV1150
Posts: 262
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:05 pm

Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Postby RichardV1150 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:12 pm

Big-Will wrote:Heh, attention whore.

Is that directed to me Will, if so, I'm not really greedy for attention, just want something that makes a good interpretation to be a little more noticeable. Many of whom I've talked to, in school and on the internet, about this topic seems to not be able to grasp what happened within the last episode. So I went ahead and tried to help people out on that, I've told my friends to check it out and they also seem to agree, so I guess it makes some sort of sense. Not like all the other sh*t that everyone else is spewing, mindlessly say whatever sh*t comes to mind, I went to them for advice and they just stood their spouting a bunch of sh*t!
See what I did their, Stan reference, get it? :)
South Park is amazing and anyone who doesn't think so should learn how to Respect My Authoritah! LOL South Park Rulez!
NeuroHeart
Posts: 875
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:00 pm

Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Postby NeuroHeart » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:28 pm

cynthia325 wrote:After watching the episode for a third time. I still haven't dissected every single line or meaning like the majority on the forum have been doing. No point in doing that: sorry to tell those of you who seem to do it A LOT!

When M&T and the other writers meet in the writers room for ideas, don't they think of times when they were a little kid, and what happened in their lives? Maybe the topic of growing apart from your childhood friend came up. I know I can relate to Stan in this episode. I was friends with someone from first through twelfth grade. I became cynical of everything and everyone in high school. I noticed that my friend started to avoid me. She was like Kyle: she grew irritated and tired of me. The sad part is she had to write me an email listing everything she hated about me instead of tell me to my face, and to make matters worse she had her new bestie tell me the same thing. This episode made me reflect on that time in my life. It was an emotionally draining time for me.

Either way I still think, yes this could mean the beginning of the end of South Park. If it is, I still say that's fine. It's the decision of the creators and I trust their judgment. The show will certainly be missed.

First off, I would like to thank you for spelling 'a lot' properly. It sets my teeth on edge to see it as one word, and I see that, well, a lot.
Secondly, you have a good point. Kids do go through shifting friendships. Hell, non-kids go through shifting friendships. I've been on both sides of this kind of shift in my life; I've gotten tired of constant complaining when nothing I could do or say was ever good enough and nothing seemed to help. I did try to help in those instances, sometimes for a length of time that seemed kind of ludicrous, but eventually I just started avoiding people because I knew it was going to be a pile of negativity and just bring me down. I've also been the one thinking everything was sh*tty, and just isolating myself. It happens. So maybe that is all that's going on, but I get a sense that it's not all that's going on.
Lastly, Matt and Trey are clearly brilliant, and they can do anything they want. I don't mean that in the sense that I'm giving them permission or something weird, I mean that they could pitch any project and probably get an enthusiastic response. They could also take a few years off if that's what they wanted, because the dudes are wealthy. They can fund projects, write stuff, direct stuff, just... whatever the hell they want, they can do. And if they don't want to do South Park anymore, well, then they shouldn't. They'll have my support in all of their endeavors.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
SomeOddworld
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:04 pm

Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Postby SomeOddworld » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:31 pm

Something tells me this year will be the end of South Park. If I'm right then I'd like to thank M&T for over a decade of brilliance.
p0204689
Posts: 0
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:28 pm

Postby p0204689 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:47 pm

Dude randy is so Frikin Hilarious
cynthia325
Posts: 485
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:43 pm

Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Postby cynthia325 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:51 pm

Brendle wrote:
cynthia325 wrote:After watching the episode for a third time. I still haven't dissected every single line or meaning like the majority on the forum have been doing. No point in doing that: sorry to tell those of you who seem to do it A LOT!

When M&T and the other writers meet in the writers room for ideas, don't they think of times when they were a little kid, and what happened in their lives? Maybe the topic of growing apart from your childhood friend came up. I know I can relate to Stan in this episode. I was friends with someone from first through twelfth grade. I became cynical of everything and everyone in high school. I noticed that my friend started to avoid me. She was like Kyle: she grew irritated and tired of me. The sad part is she had to write me an email listing everything she hated about me instead of tell me to my face, and to make matters worse she had her new bestie tell me the same thing. This episode made me reflect on that time in my life. It was an emotionally draining time for me.

Either way I still think, yes this could mean the beginning of the end of South Park. If it is, I still say that's fine. It's the decision of the creators and I trust their judgment. The show will certainly be missed.

You don't seem cynical, cynthia (even though your name is similar to the word)! You seem quite the opposite.

It is kind of sad how people grow apart as they get older. Getting older for me, is realizing just how complex the world is. Everything is so complicated. There's never an easy solution to anything.

I know for a fact that Matt/Trey are two positive people and have always opposed cynicism. But I feel like they are becoming cynical...and that's not what they want the show to turn into. They don't want it to become a grumpy old man that says everything sucks.

So they're going to call it quits. There's just no coming back from something like that ending. You can't press the reset button; that would be an insult to the power and the drama of that scene.

As Matt Stone said, "once you get to a deeper level, you can't ever go back." That final scene was the deeper level. We're about to see the end of South Park...or a new South Park entirely. A serious, more mature South Park.

That final scene was NOT a joke. You can always tell when they're being ironic...I could sense no irony there. It was the first genuinely serious South Park scene in history...apart from when Cartman was heartbroken by Wendy...and apart from Kip Drordy.

That's very nice of you to say, but you don't know me. I am very cynical. I can be optimistic when I want to be. But for the most part, I see the world very black and dark. I'm no "emo" I have just had many hard times in my life. I can relate to the song Hasa Diga Ebowi (from The Book of Mormon) It seems like I'm always cursing God more than I am praising him. A lot of it has to do with that friendship I mentioned. Losing that friendship turned my world completely upside down. Because of the feedback I got from that girl, it's hard for me to make girl friends. It's hard being friend with boys because (not trying to boast) but all my guy friends like me more than a friend and it's hard to be taken seriously when I want to go to te bar or movies with them. This year was rough on me too: I lost my dog of 14 years, I got fired from my job of 3 years, and my boyfriend hit a car with MY car! And now my favorite cartoon may be ending.

Anyway I get your point completely about why you feel the show is ending. It's a good argument, but until M&T release the next episode or a statement, we'll never know. I like that they make things for our interpretation, even the musical is left open for us to decide what faith means to us, but I really wonder what goes on in their heads. From what I see, they seem like the kind of guys I could chill at the bar with. But are they really... You know?

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 2 guests