Should South Park Do Star Wars Specials?

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

BigGuy101

Should South Park Do Star Wars Specials?

Postby BigGuy101 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:05 am

Post comments on what you think about South Park doing Star Wars specials like Family Guy and Robot Chicken. The reason I put up these topic is because I've always wondered what it would look like if South Park did a series of films parodying Star Wars. Also I've been reading a lot of dashboards with people talking about how they want to see South Park parody Star Wars. I do own the Family Guy and Robot Chicken versions of these parodies (while also in possession of the actual films too; Episodes I, II, III, IV, V, and VI). Do you guys think that South Park should do Star Wars parodies like Family Guy and Robot Chicken? If so, do you think that they should only parody the original trilogy, only the prequel trilogy, or the entire saga? And, do you think that the South Park crew should do it before the show is history?

I'll be writing fanfics based on this idea sometime next month. So keep an eye out.
My favorite SP characters: Cartman and Butters.

My favorite food: anything pasta related.
BRMBug

Re: Should South Park Do Star Wars Specials?

Postby BRMBug » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:08 am

No.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:40 am

They should do South Park specials. :P
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:59 am

I still say a spinoff of Chef's parents dealing with supernatural crap in Scotland (maybe the rest of the world too) would be a giggle.
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:01 am

My first thought was "Hell no," but then I thought about it, and I figured it could be pulled off. If could also fail miserably. I'd say I'd rather avoid the risk.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:12 am

Noooo, I don't think they should. There have been multiple references and homages to Star Wars, and I enjoy that, but an entire episode parroting the films would really not be in keeping with South Park style.

P.S. Matt and Trey have made it clear that they feel like the whole saga was raped by the prequels, so if they did do specials, episode I, II, and III would not be included. (If you want to see their take on how crappy Episode I was, watch "Jakavasaurs." The commentary puts it in very explicit terms, and is worth a listen. For even more such opinion, give "Free Hat" a spin. AND there's also the moment in "The China Probrem" where Lucas and Spielberg are caught raping a storm trooper, with Yoda tied up and dead in a closet.)
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:03 am

They'd be more likely to do a Star Trek special considering that's what they reference the most. FG did a Star Wars special SP doesn't have to. I'd prefer them to parody older more established in the pop culture films like Star Wars, but prefer more if they did no parodies and did their own stuff =I
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:04 am

As much as I love the original Star Wars films, I don't think South Park should also do Star Wars specials. Family Guy and Robot Chicken already did it, and I don't think Trey and Matt really want to copy them.
bazi42

Postby bazi42 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:24 am

Big-Will wrote:They should do South Park specials. :P

interesting. although after reading that statement, all i could think of is the beavis and butthead episode where they wanted a tattoo of a butt on their butt. :tweek:
Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
Ernest Hemingway
GeminiShamrock

Postby GeminiShamrock » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:49 am

Hell no! Matt and Trey are leaders, not followers! I mean it would be interesting to see, but only for about thirty seconds. After that, I'll probably end up saying "Robot Chicken and Family Guy did it!"

In other words, HELL NO!
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:10 pm

My answer will be short, sweet and to the point: NO!!!!!!
Can't we all just get along?
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:15 pm

Unassumption wrote:They'd be more likely to do a Star Trek special considering that's what they reference the most.

I was just going to say that. Now that's be interesting. I wonder if they'd be more likely to spoof the original series, or TNG. If it was the original, Cartman would have to be Kirk, Kyle would be Spock, Stan would be Scotty, and Butters would be Bones. :lol:
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:28 pm

They've tossed stuff out from TOS especially early on more than TNG (all i recall from that is the worf mask thing). Some whole episodes are drawn scene for scene from TOS (wacky child molestation adventure = Mira for a post season 2 instance) and from funnybot's ending it seems they're still doing it. Plus Patick Stewart is Locutus of American Dad now, McFarlane assimilated his ass. TvTropes has a page for "the spock, the bones and the kirk" and makes the same judgements you do, It's a common character temperment thing but you never know given how much they draw from TOS. Probably not in THAT case since we know where the characters come from originally but the college nerds who love Startreck are another author insert IMO.

They've rarely been creators completely always building on things they reference - but all creation is like that, and they build on it a lot more than some people usually. Starwars was based on old b movies for instance. I could see this happening but wouldn't be pleased. I'd like them to make something new.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
spfan4ever77

Postby spfan4ever77 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:23 am

Specials sound cool... just not Star Wars. Maybe find a special no other show has done in the past or in a long time. Columbus day?
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:36 am

BRMBug wrote:
Unassumption wrote:They'd be more likely to do a Star Trek special considering that's what they reference the most.

I was just going to say that. Now that's be interesting. I wonder if they'd be more likely to spoof the original series, or TNG. If it was the original, Cartman would have to be Kirk, Kyle would be Spock, Stan would be Scotty, and Butters would be Bones. :lol:

Well, you've sparked my imagination for TNG.

Stan - Picard
Kyle - Riker
Cartman - Worf
Kenny - La Forge
Wendy - Troi
Rebecca ("Red") - Dr. Crusher
Butters - Wesley Crusher
Craig - Data
Tweek - Reg Barclay (only in a handful of episodes but perfect character for this)
Token - Chief O'Brien
Bebe - Tasha Yar
Annie - Ensign Ro

Mr. Garrison - Q
Mr. Mackey - voice of the borg (we are one, m'kay...resistance is futile...you will be assimilated, mkay?)
Lianne Cartman - Lwaxana Troi
Towelie - Guinan
Jimmy - Lore

I put way too much thought into this. :cartmanko'd:

Return to “General South Park Discussion”