NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports

Check here for all the hottest topics!

Moderator: Big-Will

CheesyPoofs8931

Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports

Postby CheesyPoofs8931 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:33 am

NFL: Denver Broncos, St Louis Rams and the New York Giants (I kind of like New England)
NBA: Miami Heat
MBL: New York Mets
NHL: St Louis Blues and the Pittsburgh Penguins

FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:45 pm

Dodgers filing for bankruptcy, says spokesman

The Los Angeles Dodgers are filing for bankruptcy protection in a Delaware court, a spokesperson confirmed Monday.

Dodgers owner Frank McCourt had reportedly been planning the move in an attempt to prevent Major League Baseball from seizing the team.

According to a statement from the team, the Chapter 11 bankruptcy will give the Dodgers a chance to deal with its immediate financing requirements and obtain the necessary funds to ensure the franchise's long-term financial stability.

McCourt is blaming Major League Baseball commissioner Bud Selig's interference with club operations and refusal to approve a Dodgers TV deal with Fox Sports as the cause for Monday's bankruptcy filing.

McCourt said the Dodgers have tried for almost a year to have Selig approve the Fox deal, saying it would make the Dodgers one of the strongest capitalized franchises in Major League Baseball.

Payroll for the team is due at the end of the month.
GeminiShamrock

Postby GeminiShamrock » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:53 pm

Earlier, Colin Cowherd was talking about how Baseball (aka the MLB) won't let Mark Cuban in despite the fact he's got the money to own a franchise. Baseballs "is the Old Boys Club, and Cuban's not one of the old boys."

Now personally, I think Cuban would be perfect for Baseball. He's easily the best owner in the NBA. Having said that, he's not gonna get into a bidding war with anybody. He just wants to know how much a Baseball franchise costs so he can pay that specific amount and buy it. But again, Selig and the Old Boys Club just won't let him in.

This is how crazy it is: Baseball let a group of investors buy the San Diego Padres with a friggin' credit card, and pretty much did the same thing with McCourt's purchasing of the Dodgers. Meanwhile, a fan-friendly NBA owner like Cuban, who, by the way, is a billionaire owner, is labeled "a bad fit" because he doesn't fit their definition of an ideal MLB owner. It's just downright ridiculous. I'm sorry, but Major League Baseball needs to get over itself and let Cuban buy a franchise, like the Dodgers. Think about it. He'd be perfect for Los Angeles! He's got the eccentric personality that L.A. seems to love so much.
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
whatwouldwedo W/o SP

Postby whatwouldwedo W/o SP » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:57 pm

^agreed

back on topic
NFL>Pittsburgh steelers
NHL> pittsburgh Penguins
MLB> Pittsburgh Pirate
NBA > CLEVland Cavs

guess where i live? 0.o

non pittsburgh are teams
NFL> ST Louis Rams
NHL>San JOse SHarks
MLB>red sox? :/
NBA: OKlahoma city THunder.

ps. any thought on the NFL/NBA lockouts?
Ahhhhh hamburgerss!
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:10 pm

Vin Scully, the voice (on the radio and television) of the play-by-play for the Los Angeles Dodgers (including the Brooklyn Dodgers and the Los Angeles Dodgers through to the present) is now 83 years old. If the fans have their way, they would want Vinny to call this year's world series on FOX.

What do you think? Vinny has been calling games now for 61 years 8)

Story
cynthia325

Postby cynthia325 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:16 pm

I'm not into sports but I cheer for the home team... so NY (where I am from) comes first then FL (where I now live).
GeminiShamrock

Postby GeminiShamrock » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:37 pm

whatwouldwedo W/o SP wrote:
any thought on the NFL/NBA lockouts?

In fairness, the NBA lockout hasn't officially begun yet. The current CBA expires on July 1, the first day of free agency.

As for the NFL lockout, it's really getting on my nerves, but that's okay. We'll have football in the fall, even if it's only college football. (And both sides are getting close to an agreement.) I'd get more into it, but I just don't want to right now. Maybe another time.

My favorite teams:

NFL: Houston Texans; Dallas Cowboys; New England Patriots; Green Bay Packers
MLB: Houston Astros; Boston Red Sox
NBA: Houston Rockets (favorite sports team of all-time); Boston Celtics; Dallas Mavericks (to an extent)
NHL: Dallas Stars; Toronto Maple Leafs; Chicago Blackhawks; New York Rangers
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:44 pm

Was at one of the Brewer games this weekend as they put some distance between themselves and the rest of the NL Central just in time for a trip to the Bronx. Man, if I had the money, I'd totally go on a mini-vacation to NYC; see one of the games, then hit up Book of Mormon. Sigh.

You read it! You can't unread it!
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:29 pm

triplemultiplex wrote:Was at one of the Brewer games this weekend as they put some distance between themselves and the rest of the NL Central just in time for a trip to the Bronx. Man, if I had the money, I'd totally go on a mini-vacation to NYC; see one of the games, then hit up Book of Mormon. Sigh.

That does sound like fun. Damn my budget!

:lol:
whatwouldwedo W/o SP

Postby whatwouldwedo W/o SP » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:48 pm

watch out TMP pirates are gaining on the brewers! yeah thats right the freaking pirates.
ive been feling good as of late, after seeing 10+ losing seasons in a row. a year were the pirates hover at 500 is always good :mrgreen:
Ahhhhh hamburgerss!
GeminiShamrock

Postby GeminiShamrock » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:03 pm

Does anybody on here play fantasy baseball? I want to create a league next year using Yahoo.com or ESPN.com of nobody but South Park BBS'ers...and maybe my brother Teddy, who lives out in Phoenix.

I'll post this idea again in January so we can start a league up. At that time, let me know if you're interested. I want to have a draft in mid-March. (And if you participate, please show up to the draft. Depending on how many people we have for it, it shouldn't take but a few hours.)

Thanks.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:03 pm

^^
I might be game.

I've never done fantasy baseball before, but my old man has been doing it since the 80's when that shit took off.

You read it! You can't unread it!
GeminiShamrock

Postby GeminiShamrock » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:21 pm

triplemultiplex wrote:^^
I might be game.

I've never done fantasy baseball before, but my old man has been doing it since the 80's when that shit took off.

You'd probably have an idea of what to do then.

Anyway, I've discovered that I really like two players on the Tampa Bay Rays: pitcher James Shields and second baseman/outfielder Ben Zobrist.
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:56 am

GeminiShamrock wrote:As for the NFL lockout, it's really getting on my nerves, but that's okay. We'll have football in the fall, even if it's only college football. (And both sides are getting close to an agreement.) I'd get more into it, but I just don't want to right now. Maybe another time.

That won't make it easy during my annual football pools.

Every year, I take family and friends through the weeks of pro ball, which is a lot easier to keep track of, 32 NFL teams compared to, what, 120 college teams?

Sure, you could break the list down to the Top 25, but that's too easy, barring upsets.

Perhaps just the home conference, which will become the Pac-12 this fall?

Well, hopefully, I won't have to worry so much before September rolls around...
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:21 am

So now McCourt, owner of The Los Angeles Dodgers, has filed for bankruptcy in order to keep control of The Dodgers.

I won't go now to see any games or wear any Dodger apparel. They still haven't caught the guy who almost killed on opening day back in March, Brian Stow of the Bay Area. He was in Giants apparel (The Dodgers were playing the Giants of San Francisco), he was a paramedic and had a family. I'm boycotting The Dodgers until McCourt is out :x

Return to “Hot Topics”