*1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

shirker

Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion

Postby shirker » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:25 am

Oh and I have something else to add to all of you that are talking in details about Sharon and Randy divorce (stressing how often they argued, how different they were etc.), and how it might affect the future of SP.

Well what about Kyle's or Butters' parents? Haven't they had the same (or at least similar) share of marital problems?!

You see, in a way I got that Sharon's complaint (well, to me it was more like an observation): "It's the same sh*t again, every week over and over!" (or smth. like that) in a totally different way, i.e. as she was referring to (saying the truth about) life as a whole!

Just my 2 cents. :D
I'm a 30 years old guy from Slovenia, and I simply must mention that me and my two friends were totally similar to SP-gang in cruel imagination; especially in making morbid stories about ourselves, our parents, teachers etc.
RichardV1150

Postby RichardV1150 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:08 am

I've realized one thing that really stands out in this mid-season closer that is different from any other... a non-closer end. This hasn't been done for a while, and it had a much bigger impact on viewers than usual. Just from the number of post on this forum you can see the hype. When South Park returns this October... "Provided terrible things do not happen", how many views do you believe the episode will get during airtime. I'm sure that it must get beyond normal. First off, you have the show coming back on the air from a hiatus, then you have an epic ending to a great episode, fans eagerly wanting to see what could possibly happen next, the views for that single episode must be an astounding figure. I may just need to buy cable by them just to watch this episode with everyone else, I'm super Cereal! So my question to you is, how many views do you think the show's return episode will receive? (Season 14 premiere 3.7 million)

Edit: Fun fact: No other posts in the Spoilers/New Episode Discussion have ever reached 56 pages. The only ones that comes close is "Cartoon Wars Part II" with 39 pages and "Elementary School Musical" with 38 pages.
South Park is amazing and anyone who doesn't think so should learn how to Respect My Authoritah! LOL South Park Rulez!
Acehigh

Postby Acehigh » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:08 pm

It's great. I really can't tell what will happen next. Wish I could see this episode when it premieres...

Anyway, I still have to watch a few older episodes of South Park, so that will keep me busy for a while :)
What is the most resilient parasite? An idea. Resilient... highly contagious. Once an idea has taken hold of the brain it's almost impossible to eradicate. An idea that is fully formed - fully understood - that sticks; right in there somewhere.
sharingan03

Postby sharingan03 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:13 am

october needs to hurry, like now...gahhhhh
BIG_MaC

Postby BIG_MaC » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:41 pm

Im just getting sad !

This episode made me sad. I want to be in October, and hope for new funny episodes ! :D
cartmanlover775

Postby cartmanlover775 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:36 pm

fart
RichardV1150

Postby RichardV1150 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:04 pm

Well I guess the fastest way to get to October would be to just freeze yourself like Cartman for those 82 days up to the premiere. Good luck timing it right ;)
South Park is amazing and anyone who doesn't think so should learn how to Respect My Authoritah! LOL South Park Rulez!
LittleMissColorado

Postby LittleMissColorado » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:33 pm

This episode made me cry :( I really hope that next episode will make things right again ♥
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:59 pm

RichardV1150 wrote:Well I guess the fastest way to get to October would be to just freeze yourself like Cartman for those 82 days up to the premiere. Good luck timing it right ;)

oh god, 80 more days to go?? That's forever to find out what happens next!!!! :cartmanangry: Might as well freeze myself.... :roll:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:03 am

^^Imagine if you unfroze yourself and found out the episode never aired because the show was cancelled after the tragic deaths of Matt and Trey. That would suuuuuckkk... :lol:
Can't we all just get along?

Postby 203177 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:03 am

go hollie! do it! joking! :lol:
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:14 pm

watched this episode 7 times, and as soon as "Landslide" starts playing I get mad depressed. Kudos to the SP writing staff, they know how to tug heart strings.
cynthia325

Postby cynthia325 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:11 pm

Ex1lepr0 wrote:^^Imagine if you unfroze yourself and found out the episode never aired because the show was cancelled after the tragic deaths of Matt and Trey. That would suuuuuckkk... :lol:

*knocking on wood for like a madman* AAAHHH don't say such things!!!
how about um.... the episode didn't air because... um... boba fett turned them into frogs! :wink:
Harperlarp

Postby Harperlarp » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:23 am

So wait. They stop showing episodes in the middle of a season, then show the rest at a later date? WTF? Why don't they just show the whole season in one run like ever other TV show I've ever seen?
shirker

Postby shirker » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:06 am

Harperlarp wrote:So wait. They stop showing episodes in the middle of a season, then show the rest at a later date? WTF?

Well South Park is like that (i.e. seasons being split into 2 parts) from the very beginning (from the 1st season onward), at least as far as I know... :|
I'm a 30 years old guy from Slovenia, and I simply must mention that me and my two friends were totally similar to SP-gang in cruel imagination; especially in making morbid stories about ourselves, our parents, teachers etc.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”