*1514: The Poor Kid* Pre-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

cloverbeatme1

Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby cloverbeatme1 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:01 am

The video is playing! :D
James--76

Postby James--76 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:05 am

Cool a Kenny episode,those clown pics are freaking me out.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:10 am

JVM wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Call me crazy but will we ever get a Red episode?

Eventually.

I mean look at Token. He was nothing for Seasons 1-3. Craig was a background in Seasons 1 and 2 and didn't even get a real personality for much longer after. Or how about Butters? A background character who's since graduated to main character. Or perhaps we should look at Jimmy, a one-off who didn't even live in South Park who Trey and Matt continue to bring back without even fans asking.

I can't guarantee anything, but I'm sure it'll happen eventually. We have two seasons and Red has been in the classroom since Day 1, which already puts her ahead of a lot of people.

nall, I think I know why Bebe hasn't said anything since Butters' Bottom Bitch. I believe Jennifer Howell, who voices Bebe, hasn't been available to voice her because she helps out that one show written by manatees *cough* Family Guy *cough*. I also wonder if you know if Trey and Matt have considered another girls episode. I guess if we gotten characters to come out of right field to get their own episodes, Red might just have one down the line. P.S., those clown pictures wouldn't be any consolation if I were a foster child.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:41 am

I know all I've been saying this run is 'Oh interesting', but... well, it is an interesting development. I always forget there's a McCormick sister. I wonder if we'll finally find out just what Kenny's mom's name is.
Also, I predict no Kenny death in this one.

nall wrote:One of these days I think I may put up something fake, though...

How about something along the lines of this?
Grievous George

Postby Grievous George » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:44 am

No Christmas episode? WTF are you guys on!?!?!?
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:02 am

Grievous George wrote:No Christmas episode? WTF are you guys on!?!?!?

As Season 15B is ending near Thanksgiving, we had a Thanksgiving episode last week. But Christmas? That's too far away.

Look back at other Christmas episodes:

Season One's Episode 10: Mr. Hankey, the Christmas Poo. It's original air date was 12-17-1997; pretty close to Christmas if you ask me.

Season Two's Episode 14: Merry Christmas, Charlie Manson! It's original air date was 12-09-1998; again at least in the month Christmas is in.

Season Three's Episode 15: Mr. Hankey's Christmas Classics had it's original air date of 12-01-1999, followed by Episode 16: Are You There God? It's Me, Jesus, with it's original air date of 12-29-1999.

Season Four's Episode 17's A Very Crappy Christmas had it's original air date of 12-20-2000.

Shall I jump to Season Six's Episode 17: Red Sleigh Down with an original air date of 12-11-2002 or Season Seven's Episode 15: It's Christmas in Canada which aired on 12-17-2003?

As you can see, Christmas episodes aired in December; South Park no longer has new shows in December. They wouldn't even be airing new shows this late in the year if it wasn't for the delay of the making of the Broadway Stage Play: "The Book of Mormon" earlier this year.

So no, Grievous George, no Christmas episode this year. At least we're in November and had a Thanksgiving episode; haven't had one of those since Season Four's Episode 14: Helen Keller, the Musical which originally aired very close to Thanksgiving on 11-22-2000.
JVM

Postby JVM » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:15 am

So Cartman needs a new poor kid to pick on...

Wonder if Tammy Warner'll be important. After all, by Cartman's own admission: "She's the only girl in school who's family is even poorer than Kenny's!"

I don't think there's any other poor kids known. Most kids live in the same style of house, and while Craig's family is on welfare, that seems to be a minor one-off occurence. Token, Wendy and even Bill and/or Fosse all seem to live in rather nice homes. It'll have to be either someone completely new or someone totally left-field like Dogpoo or Jason.

No Christmas episode? WTF are you guys on!?!?!?

There hasn't been one in seven years now. Why would they possibly do one this year?
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:19 am

"Cartman is sincerely disturbed when Kenny is taken away. He doesn't know who to rip on for being the poorest kid in school anymore."

...I hope this is about Kenny and not Cartman. I mean, I like Cartman episodes fine, but we haven't gotten to see a whole lot about Kenny and his family, so I'm more interested in that.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
addictedtoblur314

Postby addictedtoblur314 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:20 am

er....why would red have an episode? I'd much rather tweek come back. #justsaying I dunno, i dont really like the girls in sp. rebecca from homeschool was interesting, at least though.

Anyway, back on topic, i'm pretty excited that this one looks like it's on something i know a bit about: the foster care system. This is like a social workers dream. Lol.

I sense a cliffhanger, but what do i know. I also sense some drama, like in kenny dies. i'm excited.
"Sometimes, love is hard. But you cant just run away from it. When you start to have somethin special you have to work at it.Even though it might seem that the world is against you,u still have to hold on with both hands! "-Eric Cartman
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:28 am

I wonder if Dogpoo actually is poor, or if he's just always filthy.
starlitlight

Postby starlitlight » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:35 am

BRMBug wrote:I wonder if Dogpoo actually is poor, or if he's just always filthy.

Maybe he is poor :shock:
Favorite characters: Stan, Cartman and Butters
Favorite episodes: Whale Whores, My future self n me, Cartman gets an anal probe, Raisins
Favorite pairing: Stan/Cartman :)
JVM

Postby JVM » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:45 am

addictedtoblur314 wrote:er....why would red have an episode? I'd much rather tweek come back. #justsaying I dunno, i dont really like the girls in sp. rebecca from homeschool was interesting, at least though.

I don't know. Why would Tweek have an episode? Go back to 1997 and tell someone Craig'd get a two-parter, nobody'd even know who Craig was, and then they'd ask you why the hell a minor background character would get two entire episodes to themselves.

One of the most beautiful things about South Park is every now and then (once a season usually) they throw us a curveball and give some minor rarely-seen character some major development.

On that note, I don't see why Tweek and Red are in competition. There's still twenty-eight episodes before the contract runs out. Plenty of room for both to get episodes.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:47 am

I'm hoping this actually will be kenny development with the title and all but they could just be trying to troll us, most episodes where he gets used it's literally using him to give the other kids screen time hope this isn't a Cartman episode. If Cartman finds another 'poor' family I hope it's an established character not ANOTHER new kid for 1 off episode.

I sense no drama in this place. slap me if i turn out to be wrong, but ts so rare that SP does that the presumption is none.

This is like a social workers dream.

I'm hoping the episode isn't going to say things that are total BS but since the show did an inception parody without seeing inception I'm not too hopeful.

I wonder if Dogpoo actually is poor, or if he's just always filthy.

Maybe he is poo

or just filthy like me ;)
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:54 am

Definitely looking forward to it. Kenny's long overdue for some airtime, but let's hope he also plays a significant role in it.
JerWu17

Postby JerWu17 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:04 am

I'm by no means a Kenny fan, but I think this episode will provide a lot of insight into how Kenny's relationship with his family members influence his personality, much like what Tsst did for Cartman. If M&T keep the setting small and intimate, this can turn out to a great episode.

I don't expect Kenny to die in this episode or any other future episodes. The reason for Kenny's repeated death and rebirth has been alluded to in the Coon/Mysterion 3-part arc, so there is no point to killing him anymore.

I think it would be cool though if M&T kill Kenny at the end of the series-ending movie they have alluded to in the past, just to list him as dead for the ultimate SP record.

Favorite Characters: KYLE -- STAN -- WENDY -- BUTTERS
Favorite Character to hate: C A R T M A N !!!

Favorite Episode: THE LIST

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”