Didn't sound like Stan!!! - A History Channel Thanksgiving

Talk about anything South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

m4pierce

Didn't sound like Stan!!! - A History Channel Thanksgiving

Postby m4pierce » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:10 pm

Hey guys,
Did anyone else think that Stan's voice sounded different on the episode "A History Channel Thanksgiving"???
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: Didn't sound like Stan!!! - A History Channel Thanksgivi

Postby Big-Will » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:05 pm

f*ck, people have been saying he sounded different all season, especially in You're Getting Old and Ass Burgers.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
maxbjr

Postby maxbjr » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:14 pm

Maybe Stan's going through puberty, (or menopause, whatever, ......) Just ask Eric :)
99 i fail

Postby 99 i fail » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:43 pm

Big-Will wrote:f*ck, people have been saying he sounded different all season, especially in You're Getting Old and Ass Burgers.

And don't forget his privacy speech in "Bass to Mouth".
If you don't like the direction SP's going in, quit watching.There's nothing we could do about it, unless you're producer or higher in the authority chain.And they won't listen to fan ideas.It's not worth your time to only hate.
starlitlight

Postby starlitlight » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:51 pm

I've noticed the change in his voice as well, especially on 1% where he was arguing with Cartman in the gymnasium. His voice sounded so deep than usual :shock: perhaps our little Stanley is maturing up after Ass Burgers :|
Favorite characters: Stan, Cartman and Butters
Favorite episodes: Whale Whores, My future self n me, Cartman gets an anal probe, Raisins
Favorite pairing: Stan/Cartman :)
TheHomestarRunner

Postby TheHomestarRunner » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:08 am

Maybe I'm totally weird, but his voice sounds the same as it has for years. The only time his voice ever sounded different to me was during the first season, where Trey was actually trying to make him sound more like a kid.
icebergroadblock

Postby icebergroadblock » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:33 am

i agree! wtf
kyleen11

Postby kyleen11 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:21 pm

I didn't notice any voice change at all, maybe I wasn't pay attention. :lol: To me, he sounds the same every season.
"I gotta be romanced a little before I take my clothes off!" -- Bob Gaudio, Jersey Boys
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:16 pm

They all have if you're not paying attention.

I like it. Hope I'm not the only one.
http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/4 ... use-of-you
Stan and Kyle :)
Imy

Postby Imy » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:42 pm

I'm not sure if this was a conscious decision made by Matt & Trey or it's just how it turned out. It's not that bad, just not the same.
his name is jard... jared lost weght etn subwy... nwsallone... he liks philidelphia crem ches... :(
invaderzimfan#1

Postby invaderzimfan#1 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:52 am

yup! his voice is getting a bit deeper. i guess our little stan is becoming a man :)
"I am simply one hell of a butler."-Sebastian Michaelis <3
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:08 am

maxbjr wrote:Maybe Stan's going through puberty, (or menopause, whatever, ......) Just ask Eric :)

Oh, it's totally manopause.
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:39 pm

99 i fail wrote:
Big-Will wrote:f*ck, people have been saying he sounded different all season, especially in You're Getting Old and Ass Burgers.

And don't forget his privacy speech in "Bass to Mouth".

Yeah, that one was really obvious. I thought it sounded like Trey had a bad cold or something.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:02 am

Beside the obvious in '1%' I can't recall Stan's voice changing/ sounding different. I'm sure I did catch it in 'Bass to Mouth' and 'History Channel Thanksgiving' so will go and check that out. Other than that, sounds like the same ol' Stanley :) Trey probably just had colds or a change in voice that went unnoticed while making these episodes.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Lyon82

Postby Lyon82 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:02 am

There are often points where one or more characters sound a touch off. When you're making most episodes on a week by week basis there are only so many takes you can fit in and if someone has a cold or isn't 100 percent (sleep deprivation, being in a crappy mood etc.) it is easy to be slightly off. Most animated shows are done several months in advance and thus consistency is easier to obtain. I would bet money that if a show like Futurama was done on that kind of schedule you would get all sorts of subtle variations out of Billy West and co.

Hell, Jewpacabra had Matt slip entirely on one of Kyle's lines to the point that it ends up sounding like Craig.

It happens. Not the first time nor the last for something like that to happen. And that's not just counting the fact that voices change over time, long after puberty. It's just more subtle in middle age. For whatever reason sometimes the pitch is a touch different for a line or episode. As long as the actual delivery is good and the writing funny it's all good.

Return to “General South Park Discussion”