Are the Denver Broncos the official team of South Park???

Got an SP question you think other people know the answer to?

Moderator: Big-Will

StanMarshLover

Are the Denver Broncos the official team of South Park???

Postby StanMarshLover » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:47 pm

Are the Denver Broncos the official team of South Park?
I've been wondering that forever since in some episodes they do talk about the broncos alot.
Wearin' my Stan Marsh hat every time I'm on here! *(|:)
NeuroHeart

Re: Are the Denver Broncos the official team of South Park??

Postby NeuroHeart » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:22 pm

Um, well, the Broncos are the NFL team for Colorado. So yes.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:40 pm

StanMarshLover wrote:Are the Denver Broncos the official team of South Park?
I've been wondering that forever since in some episodes they do talk about the broncos alot.

I suppose South Park could make the Miami Dolphins its official team... if it were in Florida...
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:11 pm

You've got that backwards; South Park is the official animated TV show of the Denver Broncos. That's how sponsorships work.

You read it! You can't unread it!
The New PT

Postby The New PT » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:05 am

Randy Marsh: Denver sucks ass! :lol:
I shall crush the timechild, and eat his entrails on my tummy!
BDurden

Postby BDurden » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:19 am

I don't know that South Park as a whole has an official team. I'm sure there's patches throughout the town that have affinities for different teams. Like Butters would like... I dunno... the Cleveland Browns. I suspect Cartman would like the Patriots (how can i reech these keeeeeeddddssss!?)
M.C.K.
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:02 am

Big-Will wrote:
StanMarshLover wrote:Are the Denver Broncos the official team of South Park?

I suppose South Park could make the Miami Dolphins its official team... if it were in Florida...

:lol:
BDurden wrote:I don't know that South Park as a whole has an official team.

Colorado as a whole has an official team. That isn't to say that everyone here is a fan. (For example, I don't give a crap at all.) Among sportsfans, though, most Coloradoans (including Matt and Trey) are going to root for the Broncos. I regularly see vehicles with Raiders stickers, though, and from what I understand, the two teams have a bitter rivalry. Raiders fans in Colorado can be kind of... vehement. (I'd actually pick Raiders as Cartman's team, just because it would give him an excuse to scream at people. Patriots is a pretty good pick too, though.)
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
BDurden

Postby BDurden » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:48 pm

NeuroHeart wrote:Colorado as a whole has an official team. That isn't to say that everyone here is a fan. (For example, I don't give a crap at all.) Among sportsfans, though, most Coloradoans (including Matt and Trey) are going to root for the Broncos. I regularly see vehicles with Raiders stickers, though, and from what I understand, the two teams have a bitter rivalry. Raiders fans in Colorado can be kind of... vehement. (I'd actually pick Raiders as Cartman's team, just because it would give him an excuse to scream at people. Patriots is a pretty good pick too, though.)

I can recall back in my high school days, heading to Denver to catch my first regular season game between the Broncos and Chargers. The Bronco's fans definitely outnumbered us and I asked my stepmom why we didn't wear Chargers' jerseys to the game (her friend was playing for that team). She just laughed at me.

I could see Cartman rooting for the Raiders.
M.C.K.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:59 am

Well living in Colorado I am sure it means the majority of the state root for the team based in their state. So yeah, the Broncos would be mentioned a lot in the show. Plus it seems like M&T's team. Me, I don't give a rat's behind about football and don't get their references (who the hell were they talking about in Broadway Bro Down??).

I can also assume the Rockies are the national fav baseball team too for the show. Seems like it. Which is cool as I love baseball and I like that team. ;) But I can recall Trey wearing a Boston Red Sox sweater during a recent behind-the-scenes thing. So who knows, maybe someone in the show will be seen as a Red Sox fan. *which would be unfortunate*

Ok, enough sports talk for me. I'm out. B)
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:09 pm

Stanluv25 wrote: who the hell were they talking about in Broadway Bro Down??

I... find it very difficult to believe you reside in Colorado and haven't heard anyone talking about Tim Tebow. There were a couple weeks especially when it was nigh-impossible to escape mention of his ability to think on his feet and turn a game entirely around. Unless, of course, you don't watch TV, listen to any radio, glance at newspapers or local news websites, talk to people, or go outside. (I do all of the above minimally at best, and I couldn't get away from all the Tebow hype.)
raidpirate52

Postby raidpirate52 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:54 am

Yeah, they're Broncos fans. Stan especially because he owns all that Broncos stuff in his room.

At the end of "Osama Bin Laden has Farty Pants" they said "Go Broncos" at the end. And were happy to see Jay Cutler (the old QB for the Broncos) in "Guitar Queer-o".

I wish I could see their reactions after they got spanked by my Patriots yesterday. :lol:
StanMarshLover

Postby StanMarshLover » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:45 pm

thx guys i liked all the replies :D
Wearin' my Stan Marsh hat every time I'm on here! *(|:)

Return to “Q&A”