Last persons to reply to this thread wins

Posts made here do not increment your post count.

Moderator: Big-Will

Mamont

Re: Last persons to reply to this thread wins

Postby Mamont » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:19 pm

Unassumption wrote:Sleep is a trial version of death don'tcha know?

If that's the case, I can't wait to die. But then I won't be able to win.
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:59 pm

Mamont wrote:
Ex1lepr0 wrote:I swear....my brothers are going to give me an aneurism before I get to college.

And I bet you'll miss them like crazy once you go away.

Being up at 5:25 am and have to go to work at 7. Win?

Hahah...I couldn't begin to tell you how many times I cried in boot camp because I missed them. But little brothers, you always love them, but at the same time, they can drive you a little crazy. ;)
Can't we all just get along?
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:27 pm

My mother is reading me the "unemployment" ads again :roll: Yet I have a job, but because its gonna pay Minimum wage....she's irrated (you shouldn't stop looking!) even though I'm still looking--just slower. Sorry to repeat like a broken violin...but her attitude towards all this is really starting to piss me off! :evil:
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:53 pm

Doesn't she understand the economic situation? You can't just magic yourself from college to a top job! Have to get on the ladder somewhere.

I think my mum has become a meme. Then again all memes feel 'persona' somehow. Are memes like nostradamus predictions or astrology - so vague you will apply them to yourself or whatever is the cognitive cause of ppl doing that...

Anyway I found the tune I recognize asthe cinema snob's theme music finally on youtube, such an uplifting tune.

I saw a news story about indian farmers killing themselves because the crop is good increasing supply so the price of rice went down- and people blame new farming technology for making the crop good! Reminds me of people bashing genetic screening because it will make private health insurance discriminate people (lolwut?). I hate when technology gets blamed for a social problem especially if it's only in certain countries. People who want to go back to manufacturing heavy, protectionist systems seem to be suffering the same delusion that you can fight progress which is like punching a speeding train head on, you won't win, you need to adapt to the change.

If that's the case, I can't wait to die.

you won't have to wait long - the more you sleep the quicker it comes. I prefer being half-awake in bed though :)
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:07 pm

My brothers just came into the room and stabbed me with fake knives.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:37 pm

:lol:

Oh, I read that as "steak knives"

... :lol:
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:08 am

They'll stab you with their steely knives but they just can't kill you ._.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Mamont

Postby Mamont » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:10 pm

Unassumption wrote:They'll stab you with their steely knives but they just can't kill you ._.

Exile is the beast?!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:27 pm

Ex1lepr0 wrote:My brothers just came into the room and stabbed me with fake knives.

Big-Will wrote::lol:

Oh, I read that as "steak knives"

... :lol:

I keep picturing that going down like in Terrence and Phillip's Halloween special. The usual maniacal chattery laughter, peppered with the occasional "OH, YOU DICK! THAT REALLY HURT!" And yes, everyone's wearing the sheet ghost costumes too.

Anyway, I got free cookies.today, so I win.
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:59 pm

FINALLY?

Things today can't live without complexity. We need to eat amino acids we can't make - but our ancestor could make them. We lost the ability to make them after we started eating them, now we can't NOT eat them as we can't make them anymore.

Things that look like "Irriducibly complex" traits that couldn't possibly have evolved can come about like this. Today I was learing about bacteria that respire in radically different (And a lot simpler) ways than us because they don't need as much energy for their life style. We built bodies that require complex genetic and metabolic systems to live, after we got those systems or while we were making them, and now we can't go back but we could get here on that 'scaffold.'

Even the simplest lifeforms seem so complex in their compoents and how they interact. A virus that infects bacteria I'm reading about has 73 genes! Aparently it derived it's genes from a bacteria (viruses started off in cells then broke free, freddy mercury style).
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:18 pm

Hi, I'm still alive. No, it wasn't steak knives....
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:22 pm

goes without saying as you're not a steak and they were used on you....so they're exilepro knives, or human knives for short. They could be canibalism knives but that sounds more like a knife made to cut other knives to me.

I should just put win in my sig :P

this image made me laugh
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Mamont

Postby Mamont » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:02 pm

I'm home, eating, my feet are dry and I'm not cold. Win!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:11 pm

Instant automatic hand-crafted premium platinum-edition ultimate win.
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:57 pm

One of my flatmates from last year is going out with one of my flatmates this year, and he's from my town too - small world! Well it's small when you're in the same university close to your hometown at least.

Everything is dependant on previous simpler things - organisms rely on parents from cells to humans, new genes come from modifications of old genes, new molecules rely on previous molecules coming together, atoms need electrons and nucleus, nucleus needs it's internal stuff to come together. All complex things seem to be modifications of simpler stuff. A lot of the time they come from and have inside them things from different origins and depend on lots of different things - a molecule may result from reaction between 2 simpler molecules (Which themselves come from even simpler ones) and have distinct parts in them that come from different sources, the same is true in genes which may have come from smaller 'genes' (Exons) that got coppied shuffled around and glued in new arangements, which themselves came from simpler things shuffled together. Ideas derive from old ideas - but also from experience showing something outside the 'system' but still depends on it being there. Life slowly becomes less dependant on external energy sources and more dependant on it's own history over time it seems same with atoms being less dependant on suns to make them but on their history of being made.

Genes are supposedly the "unit" of selection because they're the only thing that lasts long enough (unlike the individual) and is selected fast enough (unlike species or group). I'd say individuals are the unit of good or bad though because not only are we the only things that feel positives and negatives (Genes are as mindless as groups) but we're the only things that can modify our behavior based on stimuli and it's sensible for us to have 'rules.'

It annoys me when people say we can't be individuals because we depend on the group or that we don't depend on the group because we're individuals either way is a silly extreme - a brain depends on neurones and a neurone depends on a brain but they are still distinct things! The whole is different from it's parts as that case, the molecule or atom can all show.

Just saw thisand thought I'd paste my comments on it here as it's something I've been thinking since the healthcare debate last year (or was it the year before? can't keep up!)

Resources are needed to keep people alive and are scarce - we use money to most efficiently deal with scarce resources so (Cold as it sounds) human life is worth a $ value. Care has to be rationed weather by NICE or Blue Shield. We need food, housing, water, etc, to keep us alive too, why aren't those seen as more than I pods?

I don't think private finance is the best way to fund health though - i'm unsure if health is "special" or if we should stop distributing I-pods etc via private cash too

Life is definitely worth more than other goods because it's required for them to be of any use. His claim may backfire to me as It's obviousl healthcare is MUCH more efficiently distribted by the state than private companies, why wouldn't the same apply to I-pods, why are other goods not essential for life seen differently by us liberals? I'm no commie, It's probably the case those goods are best served by private cash, but what IS it that makes I-pods different to healthcare? I wanna know!

I need to change my sig to say "i win" so i don't need to keep typing it
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN

Return to “Games”